Sound Transit Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.8

Facilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sound Transit (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Round table with four managers asking questions in turn. Mostly asking about past experiences and what would you do if's. They had an idea of the type of person they wanted to hire before the process began. They had a few good laughs from some of my stories but they probably didn't want to hire a peer.

Interview Questions

• How was your last job comparable to the one you are applying for?   1 Answer

Senior Procurement Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sound Transit in April 2015.

Interview

The initia screening interview was conducted by a couple of employees, representing Human Resource Department, and the actual unit of the agency hiring. After, which I was invited to a face-to-face interview at the employer's location. The travel arrangements, accommodation and other miscellaneous issues were handled well. The interview process was process was very professional, everyone seemed knowledgeable about their individual roles and responsibilities. However, some of the questions were not really germain. Some of the interview panelists, were not very familiar and conversant with procurement function at all.

Interview Questions

• To describe my procurement scope and knowledge.   1 Answer

Marketing and Events Job Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sound Transit.

Interview

For the in-person interview, they asked me to bring my portfolio to show my work. It had photos and marketing collateral in them. They said I was the first one interviewed, so they would like to hold my portfolios to show others, then promised to return them if I wasn't offered the role. They never returned my portfolios, despite my repeated requests. They do not treat candidates with respect by honoring requests or keeping their promises. These were the only copy of my portfolios and now I must start over.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected, they asked standard questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sound Transit (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview panel took turns choosing and reading questions from a sheet of paper. One interviewer admitted not knowing the answer to question being asked. They asked a vague question that seemed to be an invitation for back and forth communication and clarification (Amazon style) but after a several questions it was clear that the most they would do is re-read the question. A month+ and no post interview communication whatsoever. Group interview, group decisions and apparently group follow through. If they had followed through with a standard rejection email this review would not be here.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sound Transit (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was fine, but never heard back from them or from the HR department. Called & left a msg with the HR department on status of the job, but never heard anything back. Then heard from someone that they filled the position. Very rude HR department.