SoundHound Interview Questions

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SoundHound.

Phone screen with recruiter; easy, mostly evaluating interest, basic abilities, nontechnical (15m). Technical phone screen with developer - lots of short quick problem solving questions, data structures, object oriented concepts, logic/math questions (1hr). Full day interview - they provided travel expenses to meet in person. Mostly coding on white board, problem solving, some talk about company fit and culture, got to talk with CEO (whole day was 6hrs). The last interview was on a Friday, got the offer the next tuesday in writing.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really ready for the "how much do you expect to make here" question during in the later part of the day   Answer Question

Software Engineer Mobile Search Team Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SoundHound.

Very polite people. My recruiter was nice and easy to talk to.
    I applied at the company website, I had 2 phone interviews.
    1. HR round.Easy. About your experience and skills
    2. Tech round. Alg based

Then, Take home assignment.
    Soundhound was very good about giving me complete feedback on the interview process. Learnt where I was going wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Take home assignment. Given a shredded piece of paper with words broken up over it and a list of possible words and frequency in the english language, reform broken words.

Most efficient way possible
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SoundHound in June 2012.

I had a long phone interview with a top level engineer at the company, where I was asked a few direct technical questions and also given an interesting problem scenario to think through. I cleared that round, and was given a take-home coding problem to finish in a time window of 24 hours that I had chosen. The solution should be in C++. I did not clear this round, as I believe my solution was not good enough. One tip is to first quickly implement a good solution, without worrying about how robust your code is. I spent way too much time trying to perfect not-so-important aspects in my solution.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SoundHound in March 2012.

They seem nice but I don't know what they are looking for.
    They have been advertising the same jobs for quite a long time now.
    My advice would be, don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions
    • Write me some code in C to do string stuff using char*.   Answer Question

Worked for SoundHound? Contribute to the Community!