SourceMedia Interview Questions

2.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I meet with HR and with management the same day on a Wed. and was made an offer by Friday. I think it depends on the position you are applying for. Now, being here I have seen longer interview processes. I would say overall the process is average.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was a proof reading test. This was the first time through multiple interviews I was asked to complete a proof reading test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation stage went smoothly. I was able to negotiate, provided my experience and background.

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SourceMedia.

Interview

I never interviewed. I was hired by boss based on past relationship.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Long. Held over 2 separate days with 4-5 30 minute interviews each. Very unorganized, HR was unprofessional, some of the interviewers were rude with no questions prepared and ignoring the interview to email people on their phone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too challenging because it felt like no one knew what they were hiring for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. But, I needed a job. Also learned there are no raises, reviews, or promotions ever either.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Collegial and very interested in finding the right person for the job. Met nearly everyone up the organization chart. Impression of the office environment was that it was unusually business-like for publishing company. May not be a comfortable fit for the kinds of "square pegs" that often go into journalism.

Meeting Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SourceMedia in July 2009.

Interview

I was called in for the regular first and second round interview then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The interview was as generic as questions from about.com on interviewing tactics   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SourceMedia in May 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview regarding background and technical experience. Followed up with a meeting with HR and then round robin interviews with director and lead developers.