SourceMedia

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SourceMedia in June 2014.

I meet with HR and with management the same day on a Wed. and was made an offer by Friday. I think it depends on the position you are applying for. Now, being here I have seen longer interview processes. I would say overall the process is average.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was a proof reading test. This was the first time through multiple interviews I was asked to complete a proof reading test.   View Answer
    The negotiation stage went smoothly. I was able to negotiate, provided my experience and background.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SourceMedia.

Long. Held over 2 separate days with 4-5 30 minute interviews each. Very unorganized, HR was unprofessional, some of the interviewers were rude with no questions prepared and ignoring the interview to email people on their phone.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too challenging because it felt like no one knew what they were hiring for.   Answer Question
    No negotiation whatsoever. But, I needed a job. Also learned there are no raises, reviews, or promotions ever either.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SourceMedia in August 2010.

Collegial and very interested in finding the right person for the job. Met nearly everyone up the organization chart. Impression of the office environment was that it was unusually business-like for publishing company. May not be a comfortable fit for the kinds of "square pegs" that often go into journalism.