Sourcebits Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.9

Manager Interview

Very informal, met with a variety of people that seemed unprepared to interview. Lot of questions about personal background and successes.

Horrible. Since I didn't accept on the spot, they wanted to reduce my salary due to "lack of commitment".

Javascript Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

I applied for the position through the SourceBits website and got an email a couple days later from the head of the branch (and partner) closest to me to come by to chat. It was a pretty normal initial interview.

A week or so went and I followed back up with the CEO of the company and he informed me someone would get back to me for a second interview.

I got an email that day and we set up a time to talk. Well a talk really just meant a Skype Chat, not even a Skype Voice chat, which I thought was weird.

So that day comes and the developer I was interviewing with knew I was primarily focused on Frontend technologies but the first question he asks me is if I know Rails and how do I do something in ERB. I make a guess at it because it's been some time since I've worked on a rails app. Then he pulls up the app that I worked on at my previous job and starts scrutinizing things he thinks is wrong. I hadn't touched the codebase he was looking at in over 3 months and expected to give me detailed answers of why something wasn't the way he thought it should be.

During my explanation he tells me he has to go in 5 minutes, so I quickly tried to explain. The conversation ends with me sharing a repo on github of something that I worked on. He says he's going to look at it and share with the team. I get an email 2 hours later restating that he's going to share the work and notes with his team. Another 15 mins go by and he tells me that they aren't interested moving forward.

So I applied for a JavaScript Engineer position and was asked 0 questions about javascript. I think that speaks volumes to my interview experience and the lack of organization on SourceBits behalf.

Interview Questions
    • Not one question about javascript for a javascript engineer position   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in July 2014.

Really a nice interview process i'd over there. Machine test with 1 hour duration would be given first. After onwards technical round would be there. There they're expecting very strong knowledge on basics of Objective-C. If you're well with basis knowledge and oops concept. And, they're expecting the people who can learn new techniques as soon as possible. Even, they're following latest techniques for designing patterns. If you're fit with this. Then, you'll be selected.

Interview Questions
    • Technical stuff they're expecting only the strong basic knowledge of ObjC.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in October 2013.

1) PC Test
    2) 2 Technical interviews
    3) 2 Telephonic round
    4) Final call

Interview Questions
    • Be sharp with media streams, http connections,java and all android specifications.   Answer Question

Had an another great opportunity.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in September 2013.

The response from the company was quick after the application was submitted.
    The interview process was neat with a hands on project development, MR round and Technical round. The panel, the HR and the team overall was good.

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Horrible process. No transparent HR process of hiring

Interview Questions
    • Promised to send offer letter but never sent , only excuses   View Answer

No transparency

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

The interview process is very simple. First round was a screening interview. I was interviewed with basic C++ and Java questions. A bit about my projects was also a part of the interview. I was selected then.

The second round was face to face. I was asked to write an algorithm and more about the projects I have worked in.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about multiple platform experience. However, this is just to test your flexibility in other platforms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in October 2012.

Aptitude, three interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like that.... All very regular glassdoor questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

I went through on-campus recruitment. The recruiter was looking for people for the web development team and if applicable the other teams as well. We had to take a test which involved some logic, some programming and quite a few debugging questions. An interview was conducted for the top 7 candidates. He went from getting to know me to programming and design challenges to basic coding skills questions throughout the interview. It was an interesting experience. We talked about how I like gaming and would like to fit into that division of the company and so another interview with the gaming team was scheduled for me and I went to their campus for this one. The interview itself focused on basic understanding of geometry and drawing principles and some data structures etc and although I screwed up some of the geometry the recruiters thought I was good for the job :D

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve the problem of the need for internet for Siri?   Answer Question

I went to get an advanced degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in December 2011.

i got selected in campus placement
    first round had 30 apti + 30 technical questions
    second round had technical interview for around 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • Some basic c, c++ questions some c++, java related concepts, DB concepts
      And many questions (of technical apti + interview) are related to dynamic memory allocations, linked listing etc
        Answer Question