Sourcebits Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies

Interview Details – Very informal, met with a variety of people that seemed unprepared to interview. Lot of questions about personal background and successes.

Negotiation Details – Horrible. Since I didn't accept on the spot, they wanted to reduce my salary due to "lack of commitment".

Javascript Engineer Interview

Javascript Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through the SourceBits website and got an email a couple days later from the head of the branch (and partner) closest to me to come by to chat. It was a pretty normal initial interview.

A week or so went and I followed back up with the CEO of the company and he informed me someone would get back to me for a second interview.

I got an email that day and we set up a time to talk. Well a talk really just meant a Skype Chat, not even a Skype Voice chat, which I thought was weird.

So that day comes and the developer I was interviewing with knew I was primarily focused on Frontend technologies but the first question he asks me is if I know Rails and how do I do something in ERB. I make a guess at it because it's been some time since I've worked on a rails app. Then he pulls up the app that I worked on at my previous job and starts scrutinizing things he thinks is wrong. I hadn't touched the codebase he was looking at in over 3 months and expected to give me detailed answers of why something wasn't the way he thought it should be.

During my explanation he tells me he has to go in 5 minutes, so I quickly tried to explain. The conversation ends with me sharing a repo on github of something that I worked on. He says he's going to look at it and share with the team. I get an email 2 hours later restating that he's going to share the work and notes with his team. Another 15 mins go by and he tells me that they aren't interested moving forward.

So I applied for a JavaScript Engineer position and was asked 0 questions about javascript. I think that speaks volumes to my interview experience and the lack of organization on SourceBits behalf.

Interview Question – Not one question about javascript for a javascript engineer position   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in October 2012.

Interview Details – Aptitude, three interviews

Interview Question – Nothing like that.... All very regular glassdoor questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1) PC Test
2) 2 Technical interviews
3) 2 Telephonic round
4) Final call

Interview Question – Be sharp with media streams, http connections,java and all android specifications.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had an another great opportunity.

Android Developer Interview

Android Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – The response from the company was quick after the application was submitted.
The interview process was neat with a hands on project development, MR round and Technical round. The panel, the HR and the team overall was good.

Interview Question – The questions were good and relevant.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Interview Details – Horrible process. No transparent HR process of hiring

Interview Question – Promised to send offer letter but never sent , only excuses   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No transparency

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in July 2009.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of technical and one HR interview
Basics should be strong

Interview Question – Why you are preferring Sourcebits over any other   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Interview Details – The interview process is very simple. First round was a screening interview. I was interviewed with basic C++ and Java questions. A bit about my projects was also a part of the interview. I was selected then.

The second round was face to face. I was asked to write an algorithm and more about the projects I have worked in.

Interview Question – I was asked about multiple platform experience. However, this is just to test your flexibility in other platforms.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in October 2011.

Interview Details – If you are familiar with basic C and Web technologies like HTML, CSS , JavaScript or PHP it's a cake walk. I find many Electronics students like me here so, branch is really not a problem here. They expect both hard work and smart work.

Interview Questions

• what are jQuery live events? How are they useful?   Answer Question
  • How can you get the current page using PHP? It should not include path or host name.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Campus recruitment. So no negotiation was involved. :)

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in March 2011.

Interview Details – Crazy, A software engineer can the interview of a Technical Lead or Project Manger.

Interview Question – As of now nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I liked both the HR , Anita and Biraj ( explained me about the roles, culture and package,fitment)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sourcebits Technologies

Worked for Sourcebits Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sourcebits Technologies interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sourcebits Technologies employees and interview candidates.