Sourcebits Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Interview

Very informal, met with a variety of people that seemed unprepared to interview. Lot of questions about personal background and successes.

Negotiation

Horrible. Since I didn't accept on the spot, they wanted to reduce my salary due to "lack of commitment".

Javascript Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Interview

I applied for the position through the SourceBits website and got an email a couple days later from the head of the branch (and partner) closest to me to come by to chat. It was a pretty normal initial interview. A week or so went and I followed back up with the CEO of the company and he informed me someone would get back to me for a second interview. I got an email that day and we set up a time to talk. Well a talk really just meant a Skype Chat, not even a Skype Voice chat, which I thought was weird. So that day comes and the developer I was interviewing with knew I was primarily focused on Frontend technologies but the first question he asks me is if I know Rails and how do I do something in ERB. I make a guess at it because it's been some time since I've worked on a rails app. Then he pulls up the app that I worked on at my previous job and starts scrutinizing things he thinks is wrong. I hadn't touched the codebase he was looking at in over 3 months and expected to give me detailed answers of why something wasn't the way he thought it should be. During my explanation he tells me he has to go in 5 minutes, so I quickly tried to explain. The conversation ends with me sharing a repo on github of something that I worked on. He says he's going to look at it and share with the team. I get an email 2 hours later restating that he's going to share the work and notes with his team. Another 15 mins go by and he tells me that they aren't interested moving forward. So I applied for a JavaScript Engineer position and was asked 0 questions about javascript. I think that speaks volumes to my interview experience and the lack of organization on SourceBits behalf.

Interview Questions

• Not one question about javascript for a javascript engineer position   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Interview

Interview process and the respect shown was really good. The process is explained clearly and people who took the technical interview seems well hands on. Follow up and guidance was really good.

Interview Questions

• Case study, and normal technical questions on particular field or technology   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview is waste. For 12+ also they will ask to attend aptitude test. Then system test/case study, that too error free. They will give a whole 1 week task to work on in 1 hr of time. For case study they will not give any explanations to the candidate, simply some crack person will say case is not through. They will never fill the left out vacancies. The employees of that company itself working against recruitment.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Confirmation on commercials only - Emids advantage - Pre-approved credit card in sourcebits management terminology. For non-emids candidates 1. Aptitude - mettl online 2. Case study - design proposal for scalability & performance 3. F2F discussion with PM/ AVP 4. HR (3) & (4) could be mutually exclusive - try your luck

Interview Questions

• We cannot afford to pay u more than what u get currently. Is that OK?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a consultancy. The process took a day My interview was for the position of iOS Developer. First round was the coding round, they gave two topics in which we needed to make any one application. We were given 1 hour of time. But the process was very slow. My turn came all after 3 hours. After the coding round we called the panels to check our code. Then 2nd round was technical round with all basic question on Objective C and OOPS concepts. The interview took around 40 mins. 3rd round was again the technical round with other panel with maximum same set of questions asked in 2nd round round. It was short n only for 15 mins. It was too late so they asked everyone to leave and said who all get selected ll get call for managerial round.

Interview Questions

• I was asked all the Basics of Objective C, iOS and OOPS concepts with code writing. One has to be very strong with the basics.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Such a bad interview process. They have called me for interview on monday, took entire day form 9:30 to 5 o'clock, just for 1 coding test and 1 technical round, kept me waiting in reception area for full day. still process was not completed and told that you are selected and please come tomorrow for Manager and HR round and then we are done. again i went 2nd day , they took 4 hours again just for 15-15 min interview, most of the waiting in reception area. Then HR told that your hiring manager will again take 1 more round , you will have to come again , i denied and told that take telephonic round of necessary. Hiring manager took telephonic round on Thursday. Total interview process is not completely disorganised, if they don't have hiring manager in office , why they are calling for interview on 2nd day, for such a senior resource, like no one has any other work, except going to sourcebits for interview daily. I want to reiterate the same comment as previous review: One thing which was very strange was the empty office, i saw almost no one there, there was place for may be more then 200 people. though all the cubical was empty. I do read some negative comments regarding the hire and fire policy of the company. Later while interview, interviewer also accepted that they optimize the company to a great deal. I am not sure whats the company policy so can't make any comment. In manager round , Manager told that they have fired 350 employee out of 450 in just 1 year. after hearing that i cant just trust sourcebits , they can fire any time to any one. Overall , pathetic experience.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Interview

Got interview scheduled by consultant. They invited for a F2F interview at their company (Salrapuria Infozone Electronic city Phase 1), everyone seems to be professional (Security Staff , HR , Interviewer etc). I had 3 Interviews one after another, took around 5 hrs to finish all. Had to wait a long time between each interview. Everyone is quite polite and very responsive. Though i felt that the HR process is not very organized, even after 3 rounds of interview i had to wait 3 more days to get a feedback + they asked me to go for another round, which was quite unexpected. The last round was technical though it should be scheduled at first. Moreover there was nothing mentioned about the depth of technical knowledge required. Interviewer asked a lots of in depth technical questions. One thing which was very strange was the empty office, i saw almost no one there, there was place for may be more then 200 people. though all the cubical was empty. I do read some negative comments regarding the hire and fire policy of the company. Later while interview, interviewer also accepted that they optimize the company to a great deal. I am not sure whats the company policy so can't make any comment.

Interview Questions

• A lots of in-depth technical questions which were not mentioned in the JD for the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Interview

Initially it was through some phone calls, which then got advanced to two skype calls, Talent Acquisition team -> Team Lead -> AVP -> HR Cool guys around! Matters Skills most than Scores.

Interview Questions

• Printing A - B records, where # of A is 4M, # of B is 2M, in 1 Minute.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Really a nice interview process i'd over there. Machine test with 1 hour duration would be given first. After onwards technical round would be there. There they're expecting very strong knowledge on basics of Objective-C. If you're well with basis knowledge and oops concept. And, they're expecting the people who can learn new techniques as soon as possible. Even, they're following latest techniques for designing patterns. If you're fit with this. Then, you'll be selected.

Interview Questions

• Technical stuff they're expecting only the strong basic knowledge of ObjC.   Answer Question