Sourcebits Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.9

Manager Interview

Very informal, met with a variety of people that seemed unprepared to interview. Lot of questions about personal background and successes.

Horrible. Since I didn't accept on the spot, they wanted to reduce my salary due to "lack of commitment".

Javascript Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

I applied for the position through the SourceBits website and got an email a couple days later from the head of the branch (and partner) closest to me to come by to chat. It was a pretty normal initial interview.

A week or so went and I followed back up with the CEO of the company and he informed me someone would get back to me for a second interview.

I got an email that day and we set up a time to talk. Well a talk really just meant a Skype Chat, not even a Skype Voice chat, which I thought was weird.

So that day comes and the developer I was interviewing with knew I was primarily focused on Frontend technologies but the first question he asks me is if I know Rails and how do I do something in ERB. I make a guess at it because it's been some time since I've worked on a rails app. Then he pulls up the app that I worked on at my previous job and starts scrutinizing things he thinks is wrong. I hadn't touched the codebase he was looking at in over 3 months and expected to give me detailed answers of why something wasn't the way he thought it should be.

During my explanation he tells me he has to go in 5 minutes, so I quickly tried to explain. The conversation ends with me sharing a repo on github of something that I worked on. He says he's going to look at it and share with the team. I get an email 2 hours later restating that he's going to share the work and notes with his team. Another 15 mins go by and he tells me that they aren't interested moving forward.

So I applied for a JavaScript Engineer position and was asked 0 questions about javascript. I think that speaks volumes to my interview experience and the lack of organization on SourceBits behalf.

Interview Questions
    • Not one question about javascript for a javascript engineer position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in September 2011.

1. Took part through the campus placement drive. Never heard of the company before but they had a good portfolio.
    2. 1st written round consisted of MCQs based on programming and maths.
    3. 2 subsequent face to face rounds to test programming abilities and discuss projects.
    4. Final HR round to figure out cultural fit

Interview Questions
    • Had to give around 7-8 real life examples of basic data structures. The interview was relatively easy though.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in July 2014.

Really a nice interview process i'd over there. Machine test with 1 hour duration would be given first. After onwards technical round would be there. There they're expecting very strong knowledge on basics of Objective-C. If you're well with basis knowledge and oops concept. And, they're expecting the people who can learn new techniques as soon as possible. Even, they're following latest techniques for designing patterns. If you're fit with this. Then, you'll be selected.

Interview Questions
    • Technical stuff they're expecting only the strong basic knowledge of ObjC.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in October 2012.

Aptitude, three interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like that.... All very regular glassdoor questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in October 2013.

1) PC Test
    2) 2 Technical interviews
    3) 2 Telephonic round
    4) Final call

Interview Questions
    • Be sharp with media streams, http connections,java and all android specifications.   Answer Question

Had an another great opportunity.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in September 2013.

The response from the company was quick after the application was submitted.
    The interview process was neat with a hands on project development, MR round and Technical round. The panel, the HR and the team overall was good.

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Horrible process. No transparent HR process of hiring

Interview Questions
    • Promised to send offer letter but never sent , only excuses   View Answer

No transparency

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies in July 2009.

2 rounds of technical and one HR interview
    Basics should be strong

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

The interview process is very simple. First round was a screening interview. I was interviewed with basic C++ and Java questions. A bit about my projects was also a part of the interview. I was selected then.

The second round was face to face. I was asked to write an algorithm and more about the projects I have worked in.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about multiple platform experience. However, this is just to test your flexibility in other platforms.   Answer Question

Worked for Sourcebits Technologies? Contribute to the Community!