Sourcefire

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Intern Interview

QA Intern
Columbia, MD

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sourcefire.

Interview Details – I applied in April 2014 through HR who forwarded my resume to the QA manager. I was interviewed on phone by three people who were the experts on the team. The next day I received an email inviting me for onsite interview in the following week. Was informed about the decision the next week. The process took less than three weeks from receiving an email for a phone interview to being hired.interview was very long. Do not expect it to be easy for interns or more about your resume. They care about what they need not what you know.

Interview Questions

• Secured login to remote machine, grep command, if config, how to set an ip address for a machine   Answer Question
  • What is next generation firewall, ips, ids, sip protocol, rtp, threeway handhshake.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sourcefire in February 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Interview with hiring manager was informative and went 5 min over scheduled time. Manager mentioned getting additional interviews scheduled. Recruiter said she'd be in touch with feedback. Neither happened, despite follow-up emails to recruiter and hiring manager. Several weeks later, received form rejection email.

Interview Question – Hiring manager was very keen on Boy Scouts or Eagle Scouts code of conduct or some such thing.   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sourcefire.

Interview Details – A recruiter sent me an email out of no where asking if I would like to join the company. I replied saying I was interested, and the recruiter called a couple minutes later for a phone interview. After that, I had to take a half day from my then-job in order to do an interview there. The interview was about 3 hours long, with all of management. 3 consecutive interviews, leading up to the director of the department. 48 hours later, I was given an offer letter.

Interview Question – You must know the functions of each of the OSI layers. Also, they are going to drill your knowledge of linux commands. You don't have to know them all, but you must know your basics and some advanced things.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me the highest pay for the position and stock option.

QA Interview

QA
Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sourcefire in March 2013.

Interview Details – Get phone interview from sourcefire, mainly questioned on network knowledge, like TCP/IP, ARP. Then some questions on linux, basic commands, vi editors

Interview Question – Very Detailed in Linux. The network part is general, but the linux is very detailed questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sourcefire in December 2011.

Interview Details – Thorough and informative. They want to make sure you are not only qualified for the position but fit into the culture as well.

Interview Question – What is the most important position to your career at your current place of employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is an option. Simply prioritize your offer components and if there is a deal breaker be sure to justify it and they will consider it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Columbia, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sourcefire in March 2010.

Interview Details – Take home written test (2 rounds). The recruiter gave good feedback once in a while but the process took almost a month. All team members interviewed me for an hour each. Two rounds of face to face interview. The interview gave a impression that I may get a job but don't know what happened. Everyone who interviewed were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – Algorithm to sort a huge number of records stored on the file system   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sourcefire? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sourcefire interview questions and advice in Columbia, MD. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sourcefire employees and interview candidates.