South Bay Mental Health Center

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

1.9

Staff Therapist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center.

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of days later. They scheduled an interview with me for the following week. I was new to the Boston area, so I had trouble finding the office as it was not labeled and Dorchester is difficult to get around anyways. The interviewer was friendly and understanding, pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

I was looking for better pay

Developmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center.

Very easy. Hardly asked any questions. Basically they take you on a tour of the center and call you back the next day to tell you that you have a job. They mainly just want to know that you have experience and a college degree.

Interview Questions
    • None... they did not really ask me anything besides my educational background.   Answer Question

Early Intervention Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center in March 2010.

timely communication and follow-up

none- set salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dorchester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center in March 2014.

Met at college career fair, emailed to schedule phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, asked to schedule 1 on 1 interview.

Early Intervention Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center in January 2014.

Unprofessional. Long silences. Dumb, inappropriate questions. Uninterested interviewer.

quick.

Mental Health Clinician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center.

sent in resume and quickly had interview scheduled

Staff Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center in January 2013.

Had an interview in person. was not left hanging. was called in two days and was asked if I wanted the job. i had to wait about 3 weeks to start which was frustrating but at least I had a job.

Interview Questions
    • What was my weakness. I was honest and hoped it didnt stop me from getting the job. I was also asked my strengths.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I just took the job

Family Service Provider Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center in June 2013.

1 direct email of my resume to the supervisor of an acquaintance. Supervisor thought I looked qualified, asked me if I wanted to work for her location, or a different one. I opted for a different location. I had 2 phone interviews with the supervisor in the new location. (I was a 3 hour drive away and without a car, normally there would have been an in-person interview).

Interview Questions
    • What was an issue you struggled with a previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, all Family Service Providers are the same rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weymouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center in November 2013.

Met director at school career expo. Set up an interview for a week later and had the offer the Monday after.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at South Bay Mental Health Center in August 2010.

Interviewed with the Lowell site and was offered the job immediately. Prior to starting, I asked to be transfered to Salem to reduce my commute. They approved and I started shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do in-home therapy?   View Answer
    No negotiations. The position is a Fee For Service position for $30 per client hour

Worked for South Bay Mental Health Center? Contribute to the Community!