South Florida Water Management District Interview Questions

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at South Florida Water Management District

Scientific Technician Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

I was called a few days after the job closed. It was an interview panel of four and they were nice and cordial. There was no surprises as they were mostly behavioral questions with few Technical details. I just had a feeling that the position was already spoken for.

Interview Questions

• How did you discipline a difficult employee? What did you do for leadership and training?   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Had a typical phone interview from the HR recruiter initially. Then, was invited to do a behavior panel interview with four members of staff, one of which was the hiring manager. Typical behavior questions were asked, also asked about previous employment and strengths/weaknesses. Nothing too difficult. Each member of the panel took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult person or situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the minimum salary and would not negotiate any higher.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

3 person interview approx 2.5 hours. 1 asked preprinted questions, 1 took notes, 1 observed. Very detailed 2 pages of questions asked to convey specific examples of hypothetical situations such as employee conflicts and how resolved, superior conflicts and how handled, job problem solving, detailed engineering questions on example of equipment sizing with make, model, specifications, performance. Past training additional education, classes, seminars etc.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a conflict with a co worker and how was it resolved/   Answer Question
    • Did you even disagee with a superior and how was it handled?   Answer Question

Section Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District.

Interview

Phone screen and behavior interview questions. Questions are:such as Leadership, Analytical Soultion. Couping, Assertiveness, Communication

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District in June 2008.

Interview

The interview started with a phone interview asking basic questions about working experiences and education. Then a on site interview for one day starting with a panel of interview with questions about skill, experience, group work, personality, strength, weakness, how to deal with dead line, how to deal with unreasonable management, etc. A lunch, one to one interview was after the panel interview.