South Indian Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Probationary Officer -Finance Interview

Probationary Officer -Finance
Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at South Indian Bank.

Interview Details – The first step was a Psychometric test, in which an abstract picture is shown and we were told to write 500 words describing our thoughts on the picture.
The picture which they displayed for us was a Broken Bulb which held a burning matchstick in the centre emitting light instead of the filament. This round is not an elimination round, everyone present was allotted chest numbers by the HR of South Indian Bank and GD groups consisting of 10 students each were prepared.
The GD topic given to our round was “For a developing nation like India, Are the costly ISRO space missions a waste of money?” This topic was related to current affairs as just the previous week ISRO had successfully launched its GSLV 5 with India’s first indigenously build cryogenic engine. Having been well versed in the topic provided me an edge, and I was able to contribute significantly to the discussion. From our GD group 3 students were selected. But from other groups upto 7 students had also been selected.
The Next round was a Document verification part. The HR while verifying the documents took a informal interview in the process, The questions initially were about my family background, educational qualifications, hobbies, extra-curricular activities (esp about participation in B-fest at Christ University, as he was a Christ Alumni), Then slowly the current affairs was asked and finally some Course related questions were asked from both finance and operations.
Finance Questions:
• Loan Amortisation
• NPV & IRR relation, Which is Best ?
• Safest Investment option?

Operations Question
• Operations in Bank?
• Six Sigma
• Muda, Muri, Mura
• How can we improve efficiency in banks?

Finally after this informal interview, we were asked to wait for the final interview. The final interview was taken by Senior Managers from the Bank. They also initially focused my family and educational background. Questions were posed such as
• Why selecting a bank after Btech?
• Would you want to go back to your old job?
• Wouldn’t banks be boring for you?

Then again Finance questions were asked but nothing very difficult. They started a stress interview part by asking questions rapidly, they asked current affairs such as the Adarsh Housing Scam, Devyani Khobragade case etc, Then GK such International Time difference with Indian Time, Location of GMT and Indian Mean Time. Towards the end they asked me to mentally calculate percentages, 15.5% of 500. Also had to explain how I calculated mentally to reach that answer.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at South Indian Bank.

Interview Details – Had a written test. Candidate requires min 2 years exp in IT.
Exam consisted two parts,
1. GK: 40Marks
2.Technical: 80Marks (Mostly Java and .NET)

After clearing the was called for interview. It took more than 1 month to publish the result and call for the interview.

Interview had two rounds,
Day1: Technical
              Asked previous work exp. Basic questions.
Day 2: HR
             basic HR

After 1 month they published result.

Probationary Officer Interview

Probationary Officer

Interviewed at South Indian Bank

Interview Details – Was very organised and span over few months. Never thought i will get in.

Interview Question – The difference between scheduled banks and nationalised banks.   Answer Question

Probationary Officer (Scale I) Interview

Probationary Officer (Scale I)
Cochin (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at South Indian Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – The whole process(Campus Recruitment) spanned over a couple of months starting right from a test/examinations with all the usual sections in banking tests...
Few in their final yr of engineering graduation, from a no of colleges including ours were selected based on the performance in the test to appear for the final process of GD & Personal Interview at SIB Office in Kochi
Initial-written psychological test for all those who appeared
GD followed in groups of 12 students each observed by the panel of interviewers
Certificate verification followed along with resume contents
Selected candidates from GD were called in to appear for PI....3 men in panel....asked about finance & governance

Interview Question – Actions taken by the Govt of India to check the fall in prices of gold when it fell toward the end of march 2013?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary is based on a fixed payscale decided by IBA..CTC 4.6 lacpa

Probationary 0fficer-scale1 Interview

Probationary 0fficer-scale1

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at South Indian Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – there was an initial exam conducted state wise for engineering graduates.
they shortlisted 300 and further shortlisted after gd.
then thier was interview and it was comparitively tough.
got result after 1 week.

Interview Question – is the rating agencies such as S&P and MOODY'S correct in their results?   View Answer

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Palakkad (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at South Indian Bank in July 2011.

Interview Details – bank test ,interview on your field of graduation

Negotiation Details – non

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at South Indian Bank in December 2011.

Interview Details – applied in online after going thru advertisement. got interview call. interview panel consist sof 3 people. they were friendly. they asked about loans, basics of finance and accounting.

Interview Question – in which case liability is more?? i.e in a public / private ltd company or in a partnership firm.?   Answer Question

Relationship Officer/Clerk Interview

Relationship Officer/Clerk
Pathanāmthitta (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at South Indian Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submissions through online,written examination,scrutiny from the 2000 top scores,then call fr interview,half an hour eq ,iq, interview by the VIP executives ,then results after two weeks.got to be in the top five,call fr training onto ho,after training medical examinations,then postings anounced,arrangements fr accomadation in job location by bank itself,then documentation,farewll and a partyby bank,and after two days joining to new branch

Negotiation Details – salary is not a constraint as the company profile and job profile is really excellent

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at South Indian Bank in February 2012.

Interview Details – There were 3 members in the panel for my interview. They all were higher authorities of the bank. It started with introduction of both the parties. Then I was asked about internship in SAIL. Then I was asked some HR question first and finally some technical question with current affairs question. In last they asked about reasons to come so far for higher studies. And finally they asked me to ask questions, if any. I asked them about location and career growth and reasons that why an MBA needs to go for 2 years probabtion period. And then interview got over with firmly shaken hands between both the parties.

Interview Question – Why SAIL is not using only Indian Coal ?   View Answer

Management Interview

Management
Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at South Indian Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was held in Bangalore in KJ college of management. The interview process was initiated by a detailed process of introduction to the company(presentation), job description with the salary package and compensation. The rounds held were Group discussions followed by personal interview for selected candidates in GD. After the PI the resulted were announced and the selected candidates were asked to sign a bond of 4 yrs by that evening.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how do banks work? What would you do to start your own bank?   Answer Question
  • What are the financial terms that you are aware of in foreign exchange?   Answer Question

Worked for South Indian Bank? Contribute to the Community!