South Indian Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.1

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at South Indian Bank.

Interview

an aptitude exam to start with and an interview focusing on your graduation learning your hobbies interests level of understanding confidence the way u interact to people and how u manage contingencies and still come out well is judged dont get discouraged by the surroundings give it your best shot

Interview Questions

• as i was a commerce post grad they asked me balance sheet questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at South Indian Bank.

Interview

A written aptitude test, group discussion and a panel interview. The written aptitude felt like a regular bank test. The panel was very friendly and gentle. They made me feel at ease and hence i could answer the questions better.

Interview Questions

• Seemed like a rapid fire quiz. Nothing very difficult. But people need to get updated with their GK and current affairs to clear the interview. Interviewers very gentle and friendly.   Answer Question

Probationary Officer (Finance) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ernākulam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Indian Bank (Ernākulam (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was for MBA students in Kochi. The application could be processed only through college, no direct interview. First you are given a picture description based on some random picture. Then there is a GD usually based on current affairs topic which is an elimination round and then a final interview, which is a panel interview. Only about 5-7% people get the final offer.

Interview Questions

• They can ask you anything be it technical on finance or marketing and also general knowledge. You will be asked to give your personal views on some current happenings   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. No options given regarding anything.

Probationary Officer -Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at South Indian Bank (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

The first step was a Psychometric test, in which an abstract picture is shown and we were told to write 500 words describing our thoughts on the picture. The picture which they displayed for us was a Broken Bulb which held a burning matchstick in the centre emitting light instead of the filament. This round is not an elimination round, everyone present was allotted chest numbers by the HR of South Indian Bank and GD groups consisting of 10 students each were prepared. The GD topic given to our round was “For a developing nation like India, Are the costly ISRO space missions a waste of money?” This topic was related to current affairs as just the previous week ISRO had successfully launched its GSLV 5 with India’s first indigenously build cryogenic engine. Having been well versed in the topic provided me an edge, and I was able to contribute significantly to the discussion. From our GD group 3 students were selected. But from other groups upto 7 students had also been selected. The Next round was a Document verification part. The HR while verifying the documents took a informal interview in the process, The questions initially were about my family background, educational qualifications, hobbies, extra-curricular activities (esp about participation in B-fest at Christ University, as he was a Christ Alumni), Then slowly the current affairs was asked and finally some Course related questions were asked from both finance and operations. Finance Questions: • Loan Amortisation • NPV & IRR relation, Which is Best ? • Safest Investment option? Operations Question • Operations in Bank? • Six Sigma • Muda, Muri, Mura • How can we improve efficiency in banks? Finally after this informal interview, we were asked to wait for the final interview. The final interview was taken by Senior Managers from the Bank. They also initially focused my family and educational background. Questions were posed such as • Why selecting a bank after Btech? • Would you want to go back to your old job? • Wouldn’t banks be boring for you? Then again Finance questions were asked but nothing very difficult. They started a stress interview part by asking questions rapidly, they asked current affairs such as the Adarsh Housing Scam, Devyani Khobragade case etc, Then GK such International Time difference with Indian Time, Location of GMT and Indian Mean Time. Towards the end they asked me to mentally calculate percentages, 15.5% of 500. Also had to explain how I calculated mentally to reach that answer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at South Indian Bank.

Interview

Had a written test. Candidate requires min 2 years exp in IT. Exam consisted two parts, 1. GK: 40Marks 2.Technical: 80Marks (Mostly Java and .NET) After clearing the was called for interview. It took more than 1 month to publish the result and call for the interview. Interview had two rounds, Day1: Technical Asked previous work exp. Basic questions. Day 2: HR basic HR After 1 month they published result.

Interview

Was very organised and span over few months. Never thought i will get in.

Interview Questions

• The difference between scheduled banks and nationalised banks.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at South Indian Bank in April 2013.

Interview

there was an initial exam conducted state wise for engineering graduates. they shortlisted 300 and further shortlisted after gd. then thier was interview and it was comparitively tough. got result after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• is the rating agencies such as S&P and MOODY'S correct in their results?   1 Answer

Probationary Officer (Scale I) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cochin (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at South Indian Bank (Cochin (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole process(Campus Recruitment) spanned over a couple of months starting right from a test/examinations with all the usual sections in banking tests... Few in their final yr of engineering graduation, from a no of colleges including ours were selected based on the performance in the test to appear for the final process of GD & Personal Interview at SIB Office in Kochi Initial-written psychological test for all those who appeared GD followed in groups of 12 students each observed by the panel of interviewers Certificate verification followed along with resume contents Selected candidates from GD were called in to appear for PI....3 men in panel....asked about finance & governance

Interview Questions

• Actions taken by the Govt of India to check the fall in prices of gold when it fell toward the end of march 2013?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is based on a fixed payscale decided by IBA..CTC 4.6 lacpa

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Indian Bank (Chennai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

There were 3 members in the panel for my interview. They all were higher authorities of the bank. It started with introduction of both the parties. Then I was asked about internship in SAIL. Then I was asked some HR question first and finally some technical question with current affairs question. In last they asked about reasons to come so far for higher studies. And finally they asked me to ask questions, if any. I asked them about location and career growth and reasons that why an MBA needs to go for 2 years probabtion period. And then interview got over with firmly shaken hands between both the parties.

Interview Questions

• Why SAIL is not using only Indian Coal ?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Indian Bank (Mangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was held in Bangalore in KJ college of management. The interview process was initiated by a detailed process of introduction to the company(presentation), job description with the salary package and compensation. The rounds held were Group discussions followed by personal interview for selected candidates in GD. After the PI the resulted were announced and the selected candidates were asked to sign a bond of 4 yrs by that evening.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how do banks work? What would you do to start your own bank?   Answer Question
    • What are the financial terms that you are aware of in foreign exchange?   Answer Question