South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)
www.sshosp.org South Weymouth , MA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Professional Interview

Professional
Weymouth, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth).

Interview Details – I was contacted by a member of the HR staff for this position. I was interviewed first by her and then by the unit supervisor. The process was surprisingly informal but it may have been that way because at the time I was interviewing for a per diem position at SSH.

Interview Question – I don't remember a question that was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to it. I was told the introductory salary range and I didn't negotiate because it was immediately acceptable.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Certified Nursing Assistant
Weymouth, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR representative and set up an interview the next week. I first spoke with the HR representative and then interviewed with the Nurse Manager of the department. The Interview went well, she asked me a few questions about my work experience and education. She asked me if I had been in a situation where I had to work with a group to get something done and the other group members were doing there part, if so how did I handle the situation. After the interview I was emailed fromt the HR department to fill out a list of references in which they emailed the references I gave them and asked them to fill out a questionaire. It is important to contact these references and make sure they submit the questionaire as soon as possible because this determines how quickly you will be hired.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you had to finish an assignment in a group and the other group members were not contributing. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I regret not asking for more money, I didn't have experience but I had my Bachelor's degree. I would suggest asking for more money if you have a college degree because this should count as experience and its not fair that your coworkers without any education make the same salary.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth).

Interview Details – I received an initial screening from human resources, then had a face to face with manager (not my eventual Nurse Manager), and was hired for a new grad position. The process was about 1 month. I was a nursing assistant at the hospital and felt comfortable with both of my interviewers.

Interview Question – How would you react to other nurses not treating you right as a new grad   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As a new grad there was not much negotiation, I took what I could get.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) employees and interview candidates.