South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

www.sshosp.org
  www.sshosp.org

South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Acupuncturist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

I applied online – interviewed at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) in June 2014.

I applied online on the hospital website through an ad on the Simply Hired or Indeed websites. (I can't remember.) About a month late, I received an email from one of the HR assistants. After some back and forth, I received an in-person interview with the HR director. During the interview, she was speaking rapidly and seemed tired and incredibly busy. After, I waited back in the reception area for the assistant to take me to the second interview. She escorted me to a different floor in the hospital to the Rehab Dept., on a different floor in the hospital. Based upon the information in the first interview, I decided it wasn't a good fit for me but I followed through with the interview schedule that had been arranged for me on that day.

During the first interview, with HR, It was revealed that they were interviewing candidates for a position in which there was no immediate opening. They were actively trying to recruit a M.D. to fill the position of Director and the HR Director had stated that would necessitate another interview by the new director at that time.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with the Rehab Dept. Manager, a physical therapist. We entered the room and she indicated for me to choose a chair to be seated. There were three chairs on a round table which had been placed against the wall. I chose the middle chair and she looked at me and smiled and sat next to me. This had been a test.   View Answers (2)

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth).

I was contacted by a member of the HR staff for this position. I was interviewed first by her and then by the unit supervisor. The process was surprisingly informal but it may have been that way because at the time I was interviewing for a per diem position at SSH.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember a question that was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Not much to it. I was told the introductory salary range and I didn't negotiate because it was immediately acceptable.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) in October 2010.

I was contacted by a HR representative and set up an interview the next week. I first spoke with the HR representative and then interviewed with the Nurse Manager of the department. The Interview went well, she asked me a few questions about my work experience and education. She asked me if I had been in a situation where I had to work with a group to get something done and the other group members were doing there part, if so how did I handle the situation. After the interview I was emailed fromt the HR department to fill out a list of references in which they emailed the references I gave them and asked them to fill out a questionaire. It is important to contact these references and make sure they submit the questionaire as soon as possible because this determines how quickly you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you had to finish an assignment in a group and the other group members were not contributing. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    I regret not asking for more money, I didn't have experience but I had my Bachelor's degree. I would suggest asking for more money if you have a college degree because this should count as experience and its not fair that your coworkers without any education make the same salary.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth).

I received an initial screening from human resources, then had a face to face with manager (not my eventual Nurse Manager), and was hired for a new grad position. The process was about 1 month. I was a nursing assistant at the hospital and felt comfortable with both of my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to other nurses not treating you right as a new grad   View Answer
    As a new grad there was not much negotiation, I took what I could get.