South University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Nursing Instructor Interview

Nursing Instructor
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online - interviewed at South University in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with the Director of the School of Nursing was uncomfortable because she was so all business, no personality. I took the job because I wanted to teach. I received information about the job that DID NOT come to fruition such as salary, expectations, no orientation process.

Negotiation Details – They did not compensate my annual salary when I received my Master's degree. This is the cheapest and phoniest place I have ever worked.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Assistant Director of Admissions

Interviewed at South University

Interview Details – I had two interviews. Pretty straight forward. Some situational questions

Interview Question – Tell us about your previous employer and why you are looking to switch   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not a whole lot of room for negotiation

Adjunct Interview

Adjunct
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at South University.

Interview Details – Casual interview

Interview Question – How I would manage classroom disruption   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Relatively simple as the pay scale was based primarily on degree and experience.

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at South University in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call for a interview the next week.

Interview Question – The only unexpected question was "What don't you like about your past employers?' Which   View Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Library Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at South University in October 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the library director first and then was called back to meet the campus president. After that, I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What is on your bucket list?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at South University in April 2009.

Interview Details – Open house format. Group presentation and collection of resumes. The called names of people that they wanted to talk with further. WE were then taken to a room with a phone bank and had to role play an inbound call. then we waited to see if we were called again. If you were called again, an individual interview with a hiring manager followed.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can do this? It seemed odd to ask that after I had cleared the telephone role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered, I countered, they accepted my counter.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

Interviewed at South University

Interview Details – Applied online for adjunct online teaching position. Had previous experience teaching online. Everything was conducted online. Forms were easy to fill out, everything went very quickly once they decided they wanted to hire me.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at South University in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for EDMC about an Admissions position. I received a phone call soon after and spoke with the recruiter for a position with South University. I soon received an email with a survey that I had to complete. I completed the survey and then phoned the recruiter back. He called me later and set up an interview with an Admissions manager. He also sent an email with more application steps. This all happened on the same day.

I went to the interview the next day with my completed application and had a brief interview that took all of 20 minutes from walking in to leaving the interview. I then went home and wrote and mailed a thank you letter for the manager. I was then scheduled for a role play interview on the phone with another manager that had to be rescheduled. It was rescheduled with the same manager that interviewed me. The call was short and I was done within 15 minutes. The next day I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer for the position.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, I have worked in Higher Education for over five years. If you have done student enrollment it is pretty standard questions. The part they were most interested in was overcoming objections from potential students and students.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the offer, there was no negotiation on salary. Benefits seem on par with other online universities, pay offered is very fair. So far I am more impressed with South University compared to the last university I just left.

Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at South University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Includes initial interview and follow-up role play on phone as if you are helping student get info on classes.

Interview Question – Had to overcome objections in mock interview such as, ' I am too busy to talk right now.' Had to continue w/ conversation as if were working with actual student.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They sign you on at $35,000 and you get raise to $40,000 after 3 months, then annual review. Free college at any level including masters or Doctorate is perk! You have to have Bachelors for position.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Assistant Director of Admissions
Morehead City, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at South University in February 2012.

Interview Details – Took place in a hotel

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for South University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at South University interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by South University employees and interview candidates.