Southco Interview Questions

2.8

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews that seemed to go pretty well. After the second interview I was offered the opportunity to come in for an in person interview. I provided my availability and received a response 2 days later from the HR recruiter I had my 2nd interview with stating that they had interviewed someone 1 day prior (the day after my 2nd interview & when I was offered an opportunity to come in for a 3rd interview) and decided to go with that individual. As you can guess, it was a bit of a slap in the face to me. I found it to be unethical and unprofessional. Why would they invite me in for an interview if they knew that they could possibly hire someone else who was already going through the interview process? It's highly unethical and it was a huge waste of time. I'm very glad that I did not end up working for thus company. This experience taught me a lot about the company and I would not recommend anyone interview with them because they may do the same thing to you.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very lenghty process. Seems a little disjointed. Questions overlapped, but not in a seemingly planned way. Not a single interviewer was on time. Long delay between applying, phone screen and interview. Didn't seem like most interviewers had even read my resume before sitting with me. Seemed very "Seat of the Pants". But I interviewed with 8 people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly typical questions. Gave me a product to ask if I could name the components.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southco.

Interview

Discovered job opportunity online, applied, and heard back the very same day. Interview process was well-structured, in-depth, detailed, and professional. The entire process only took 11 days.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Was contacted on Monday and interviewed by Wednesday. The hiring manager was pleasant and the conversation quite casual. All was going well until the subject of my previous salary came up. From that point on, the hiring manager's tone had changed dramatically and it was clear the interview was over. Feedback the next day was so negative I couldn't believe I was on the same phone call with this individual. HR needs to better screen the feedback they give to candidates as I personally have a highly negative opinion of this company based on this interview. A simple indication that they feel they need to see more candidates before making a decision would have sufficed. Instead, now my reputation with a very productive headhunter is ruined - seemingly just because the hiring manager felt my salary was out of line with what they could pay. Too bad - I had stellar performance reviews from my previous company and could have done wonders for them.

Engineering Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

One on one interview talking about background and job details. Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviewer did not care much about the position. Asked how background could help for the job. Interviewer made the job seem way more exciting and interesting then it actually was. The job was basically just a temp working filling out forms and googling information.

Sales Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Southco.

Interview

Company take Three rounds of interview and process can take 1-2 months, Mostly they focus on value, ethics, application or technical selling abilities. Psychometric test, aptitude test, and video conferencing with uk team is normal process of the interview.