Southern California Edison

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer I

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2014.

Interview Details – It took about a month and a half after the initial phone interview to get the final in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a panel of engineers, (3-4), asking various behavioral questions, like "Give an example of a time that you were wrong in an engineering calculation, and how you went about to correct it", "Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a colleague and what you did to resolve it". After several of these types of questions, there were some position-specific questions to evaluate the interviewee's competency and understanding of the skills and knowledge required. After the interview, it took exactly 1 week to hear back with the offer.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Pomona, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was 1 interview, about an hour long. 4 or 5 Engineering managers present. Dress professionally, most interviewers are in suit/tie. Study HR type questions for interview. Know an example of when you worked on a team, when you had a conflict and how you resolved it, why do you want to work at Edison.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No.

Very Difficult Interview

Rosemead, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in July 2010.

Interview Details – The panel consisted of the engineering hiring manager and two engineers from the specific department. Asked behavioral question and technical question. How would you do this and that if given a situation. Draw the power system from transmission to distribution with your protective elements!! The detailed the better. Put in some relays to your breakers, know what type of relays.

Interview Question – What are some of the elements in a power system?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Santa Ana, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2009.

Interview Details – H.R. contacted me via email asking if I would be available for an interview within the week. Since I had not formally applied to a position, I was a little surprised. It turned out my resume was pulled from recruitment fair. Since this was a fair recruitment, a job description was not provided. Edison interviews you once at a job location, and that is usually it.

The interview consist of two parts, first the STAR interview, and then a technical interview. The technical interview relates to technical information about the job. Edison’s STAR approach is a little different than most, they do not ask you to call upon your previous experience, instead they provide a situation with numerous detail, and ask to solve the problem. In many incidences the interviewers will expand and adlib to the original question, turning the interview into a role-play situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Edison?   Answer Question
  • Given situation A, B, C, D and E what would you do to perform all five tasks, and in which order.   Answer Question

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!