Southern California Edison

www.sce.com

Southern California Edison Health Physics Technician Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Health Physics Technician Interview

Health Physics Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the then HP manager, the ALARA director, and and HP planner/Outage specialist. They all seemed very pleasant, and even five years later I still maintain a warm relationship with them even though I no longer work under any of them. They have a interview script which can be found on the Edison portal for all current employees. The interviews was probably the best part of the process, everything else was extremely poor. The first step of the hiring process is application submission, then it took two months for them to get back to me. At which point they wanted me to come in and take the knowledge tests, but only offered one time slot, which was basically non-negotiable. Either you take it or lose out on consideration for the position. If you pass the test they call you to test again, if not you won't hear from them and will have to call in to get your results. After another month or so I was called in for the interview, which went well, but I didn't hear back from them for another month. At which point I was called in to fill out paperwork, but had not yet been told that I was accepted. They required a background check, a pee test, and seven years of work history before starting. While they check everything you have to sit and wait. If you pass the background check you will have to take a psychological evaluation before you can actually be hired. In all you can spend anywhere from two to four days of your own time to go through the process, and it can take anywhere form two to nine months to go through the process from start to finish.

Interview Question – All the question were pretty basic. What is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness, did you every have a time where you knew how to do somethings that was written down somewhere and did you follow the procedure or perform it from memory. They have very procedure driven processes and want to ensure that new applicant can follow direction, but not necessarily think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I applied for a union job so there was no negotiation. Since the hiring process took so long I had actually ended up moving into the area in pursuit of other jobs so when I asked for relocation assistance I was denied. So keep that in mind.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!