Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison IT Specialist Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2009.

The HR consulted me as a candidate and then a long delay (4 weeks) till next communication, then asked for interview in next 24 hours with limited choices, then a then a long delay (6 weeks) with no communication and finally an offer but very little negotiations with rigid rules. Many paper work and background tests delayed the first day of work.
Overall, not a pleasent experience.

Interview Questions
  • Very detailed technical questions for certain products was unusual.   Answer Question
Not willing to negotiate. Take it or leave it approach. No considerations or flexibilies for extra skills and experience. Usually, you need to fit in molded positions - grade levels

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southern California Edison in July 2007.

This was an internal transfer interview, across departments. Openings are posted on-line internally. I had responded to the opening, listed as an IT specialist within the enterprise architecture group.
    I was selected to interview for two positions, one in the project engineering group and one in the enterprise architecture group. The EA position was to do information architecture work.
    I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a panel of three enterprise architects. The total interview process lasted just shy of two full hours.
    The company uses a dimensional interview script, which covered a wide variety of IT subject areas (application development, architecture capabilities, development tools, analysis and design methodologies and problem solving approaches). This interview format is also used for external candidates.
    I was asked a number of specific questions around each of the subject areas and given approximately 10 minutes to respond to each question.
    Overall this was one of the most thorough interviews I've ever participated in.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about specific experiences with requirements elicitation, how they were handled and their outcomes.   View Answer
    Since this was an internal transfer, there was no negotiation. External candidates do have some negotation leeway on salary and time off. Benefits are non-negotiable.