Southern California Edison Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a university recruiter about a week after I applied online. She asked some questions that were on my resume, and went over their job qualifications. She then scheduled for an onsite interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Panel Interview consisting of three people. Each asked me questions regarding my resume along with personal experiences. Took about an hour for the whole process. Asked both technical and STAR-related questions. Overall a pretty smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you couldn't meet a deadline and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

they make a phone confirmation at the first, then they will tell you the time for the facility interview, after that, you will receive the notification about time of onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through University Recruiting, and a few weeks later, I received an email for a phone interview with a recruiter. I then went through a phone screening and an additional two interviews, one of which was a case interview. I received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with someone who had a different working style than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. There was a panel of 5 interviewers, most of them were managers. Mainly behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They were very interested in my experience working in groups. They also asked bout the classes I had taken and how they would be relevant to this internship.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict when working in a group and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone screening in where I reviewed my resume with the recruiter. The in person portion was a panel interview and the majority of the questions were behavioral based ("tell me about a time when...") followed by some technical questions. Overall more difficult than I expected and required thinking well on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when made a mistake in the workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I was told to apply online after career fair in winter, waited 2+ months for a preliminary call, and waited 1 month for call back indicating candidacy. Interview occurred 1 week later with SCE managers on second week of May 2014.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions, followed by technical questions. What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was very basic, only asked behavioral questions and things on my resume. There was no technical questions despite the position having a lot of background needed based on the job application. Make sure to know your resume well and come with prepared answers to typical interview questions to help make the process easier on yourself. In addition, they were very interested in the type of questions I had for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time you had to work with someone on a team or project that shared a different perspective than you? How did you address this issue?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applying online was relatively painless and received a phone screen one day after applying online... I was told that selected candidates would receive a call within two weeks for an interview. I never got a call back, but the online application still says that the job status is active and still accepting applications, so I slightly feel in the dark about whether I'm still a contender or not.... I would appreciate a call/email back stating that I wasn't selected if that's the case.

Interview Questions

• None, the phone screen was just asking for more clarifications on the resume you submit... very relaxed screening.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I got the interview because I was recommended by a friend who is employed there. I submitted my resume and received a phone interview. I received an offer about two weeks later. The work environment is very corporate, but the level support and formality depends on the department. Even within the controller's department, it varies. My department is pretty laid back but people are ready to help each other when questions are asked.