Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Panel Interview consisting of three people.
    Each asked me questions regarding my resume along with personal experiences.
    Took about an hour for the whole process.
    Asked both technical and STAR-related questions.
    Overall a pretty smooth experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you couldn't meet a deadline and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

There were four people in the panel and the questions were straight to the point and they were very professional. This was a position specifically for substation engineering. If you have done behavior questions in previous interviews this shouldn't be a problem but it is important to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • What considerations do you take in adding a new transformer?   View Answer
    • Compare the double bus/double breaker and the breaker and a half configuration. If you say one is more reliable than the other one. Why? What is the cost difference? What is the operational difference?   Answer Question
    • What's the function of the bus?   Answer Question
    • What steps do you take to convince your manager that your approach is best than his?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

they make a phone confirmation at the first, then they will tell you the time for the facility interview, after that, you will receive the notification about time of onsite interview.

Panel Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

The best way to prepare is to practice the STAR interview model. Give a situation, task, action, results for even question asked. Come prepared to answer a question about each of the job requirements or anything on the description that days demonstrated ability to do this or that. I interviewed with my supervisor and manager when I interviewed.

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2015.

The initial contact was from the talent acquistion explaining about the position and confirmation of experience. Then we set a date for the interview but we missed one procedure I live about 5 hours away from the interview place so I ask about lodging before the interview but I could not find HR rep on time to discuss the issue. Finally I find the HR rep and explain the situation and I told them that I will drive before the night and I ask them there recommendation about local place but the recruiter change the in person interview to the phone interview and explained to that if things work out best in the phone interview they will bring me for the final in person interview covering all the costs I ask this is not big deal that I will cover by myself but I learned that Southern California Edison really cares about SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE the recuriter explained it to me it is all about the safety and comfort all the parties involved.
    I really appreciate they way the recruiter explain the situation and about the SAFETY procedure in SCE. I agreed on the phone interview and it went well accordingly.

Interview Questions
    • the questions are behavioural and technical   Answer Question
    • 2.on the technical part they ask you to explain about...
      * what is the minimum height to fix a meter
      *what is rule 2,15 and 16
      * what is the difference between DDS and ADS
      Here on the questions I am new comer instead of asking detail question about the procedures on the DDS and other no. oriented questions it will be best to ask general technical and behavioural question for fair recruitment!!!

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

applied on SCE.com and received a call for in person interview 1 month later. Asked a total of 6 situational questions from a list given by HR. It was a panel interview and questions were easy to answer. Whole process took about 1 hour.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in December 2014.

I applied online and was called for a phone screening in where I reviewed my resume with the recruiter. The in person portion was a panel interview and the majority of the questions were behavioral based ("tell me about a time when...") followed by some technical questions. Overall more difficult than I expected and required thinking well on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when made a mistake in the workplace.   Answer Question
    N/A

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2014.

I was contacted for the job two month prior with a simply phone interview i had expected nothing from it since it had been so long but then i got a call and they wanted a face to face the next day. When i got in i watched the employees as i waited for my escort. Even if the dress code says no tennis shoes i saw a mix from shorts to suits coming in and out. The interview was don't in there main office building and in the cafeteria. The interview was really quick and seemed like they did not know what they wanted. Only because i had specific keywords on my resume did they interview me but i was under the impression they did not fully know what they meant. In any effect the manager had been there more than 10 years and said that most people have resumes that are to long and not enough depth.

Interview Questions
    • After hearing about the project he wanted an example from my past that matched. It took awhile to get some terms across.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial communication from HR to validate experience, followed by a scheduled in person interview with hiring manager. 1hr interview asking standard interview questions. A week later HR called with an offer.

Interview Questions

Offer was less than expected.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2014.

Asked a total of 8 behavioral questions from a panel of interviewers. Questions were aim to ID your Role? Approach? outcome? of the situation. Whole process took about 1 hour.

not much room