Southern California Edison

122 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2014.

Interview Details – It took about a month and a half after the initial phone interview to get the final in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a panel of engineers, (3-4), asking various behavioral questions, like "Give an example of a time that you were wrong in an engineering calculation, and how you went about to correct it", "Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a colleague and what you did to resolve it". After several of these types of questions, there were some position-specific questions to evaluate the interviewee's competency and understanding of the skills and knowledge required. After the interview, it took exactly 1 week to hear back with the offer.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Alhambra, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process took exactly 35 days, from when I applied for the position, all the way to my start date. The background check took one day. Interview process is exactly what other people have advised. It follows a STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), behavioral-based interviewing.

Interview Question – The questions were very challenging compared to what I am normally used to when it comes to interview questions. However, knowing what others here have advised, I gathered all possible behavioral-based questions on the internet and tailored it to my career experience. Everything I prepared for in advance got asked in the interview, therefore, no surprises (again, depends how determined you are during the preparation process so that you do not encounter any unexpected questions). I do not recall the exact questions but if not most, all of their questions will determine how you approach every situation, what the tasks were, actions you took and the outcome/results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase is like any other company.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Rosemead, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

Negotiation Details – The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted

Nuclear Security Officer Interview

Nuclear Security Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – Turned in application, six month wait before I received a phone call for interview. Interview was basically what would you do if? questions. Just remember to always tell your supervisor and follow all company policies and procedures. After interview did a treadmill test for heart stress test. After medical you go to the shooting range to qualify. After the range you get hired over the phone.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you made a terrible mistake and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – I was told to apply online after career fair in winter, waited 2+ months for a preliminary call, and waited 1 month for call back indicating candidacy. Interview occurred 1 week later with SCE managers on second week of May 2014.

Interview Question – Mostly behavior questions, followed by technical questions. What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Rosemead, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2010.

Interview Details – panel of 2 -3 people with sets of questions about 5-6 pages long. It also involved discussion. Mainly discussion on past experience on company structure, team members, project assignments, budget.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Irwindale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in April 2014.

Interview Details – Entire interview was based on situational events. Tell me about a time when.......etc. How would you conduct a gap analysis and what you would do with that information. Interview panel consisted of two people and was very relaxed, not super formal.

Interview Question – The multiple part questions were difficult to follow. You can take notes when they ask the questions so that helps.   Answer Question

Project Manager (MPP1) Interview

Project Manager (MPP1)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – I applied online and didn't get a call until about one month later. The recruiter set everything up and I came in for a panel interview. I was asked to tell them about myself and then they asked approximately 8 very long questions from a notebook. They explained that they will be taking notes throughout the entire interview. The questions had about 3 -4 parts to them. They suggested I take notes and then they would keep the notes. This really helped. I was able to answer and look at my notes at the same time.

Interview Question – A question that they asked was "tell me about a time when you were not able to deliver a project on time. Talk about the process you followed, what caused the delay, who was impacted, and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't think to negotiate. The offer was very good, but later I learned that I should have asked for $5k more because others in my group negotiated and got better pay.

Senior Program/Project Analyst Interview

Senior Program/Project Analyst

Interview Details – Dimensional, situational interview questions. Must answer every part of the question. 2 Interviewers did my interview. About me section than standard multi part interview questions. Should already have situations in mind.

Interview Question – Do not recall exactly what was asked, but they asked for many real life examples to answer the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate but my experience is unique.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Financial Analyst I
Rosemead, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2010.

Interview Details – Case study and behavioral interviews

Interview Question – Business case study   Answer Question

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!