Southern California Edison Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
124 interviews

3.2

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Difficult to join unless you come from California State Universities or other reputed schools.
    Panel of people will take your interview if you are trainee or experienced professional. Typically you need to work as a contractor in order to be hired. Difficult to get hired directly here.

No negotiation. They will give you a number and you have to accept it as it is not employee's market and SCE knows it.

Intern Interview

Applying online was relatively painless and received a phone screen one day after applying online... I was told that selected candidates would receive a call within two weeks for an interview. I never got a call back, but the online application still says that the job status is active and still accepting applications, so I slightly feel in the dark about whether I'm still a contender or not.... I would appreciate a call/email back stating that I wasn't selected if that's the case.

Interview Questions
    • None, the phone screen was just asking for more clarifications on the resume you submit... very relaxed screening.   Answer Question

Professional Trainee I Interview

There was a job fair at the college I attended. I submitted my resume and talked to the recruiter for about 10 minutes. After a couple days, I got called in for an interview. Since I was applying for an intern position, there weren't really any technical questions until towards the end.

Control Systems Administrator Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I met one of the University and Campus Relations Personnel and after some discussion I was able to hand my resume to the person. My resume was then forwarded off to one of their offices where they selected me to interview for Control System Administrator's position. I went through the phone screening process however there were other more qualified candidates and I was not selected for a face to face interview.

Planner Trainee Interview

Very difficult and time consuming. From job post to interview took over 4 months!, still waiting for response. I was very excited to interview but my interview panel was very lethargic, and unprepared to answer my questions. It sort of felt like a joke its held at the Pomona Sheraton motel. Didn't feel like you think a Edison interview should. I'm very let down, and disappointed

Interview Questions
    • In short, Tell us about your problems.   View Answer

Professional Trainee Interview

Pretty straight forward interview questions; the first round is your basic skills questions with a few situational questions; the second interview is pretty much all situational.

Interview Questions
    • In a situation where your supervisor is not acting according to policy what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2013.

Initial phone screen with talent acquisition.
    Interview with reporting senior and two of your peer group.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation in which you led a cross functional group, what problems you encountered and how you solved the/those prooblems?   View Answer
    I negotiated and on work hours, school attendance, bonus and base salary.
    Very reasonable and quick response times with counter offers.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rosemead, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2013.

Unless you have a law degree or a PhD you need to know an executive for a non Union job.

Interview Questions

Interviewed current and past employees to determine the direction of the company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rosemead, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Dimensional interview process focused on specific competencies such as communication, conflict resolution, work management, etc.

Interview Questions
    • None. All are scripted and straight to the point. No brainteaser questions. This company is too sophisticated.   Answer Question

Professional Intern I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I was referred by an employee that was working at Edison at the time. Upon the referral I was contacted within a week about setting up a time for an interview. Once this was done I got a copy of my unofficial transcript and then went to meet them. The interviewers were really nice and made the meeting very enjoyable. After the interview I was contacted by HR and then did a drug test and got my photo taken for a badge and signed the contract to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions was a very informal type of interview where the interviewer just asked general questions and then asked about what my most prized project was.   Answer Question

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!