Southern California Edison

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2014.

I was contacted for the job two month prior with a simply phone interview i had expected nothing from it since it had been so long but then i got a call and they wanted a face to face the next day. When i got in i watched the employees as i waited for my escort. Even if the dress code says no tennis shoes i saw a mix from shorts to suits coming in and out. The interview was don't in there main office building and in the cafeteria. The interview was really quick and seemed like they did not know what they wanted. Only because i had specific keywords on my resume did they interview me but i was under the impression they did not fully know what they meant. In any effect the manager had been there more than 10 years and said that most people have resumes that are to long and not enough depth.

Interview Questions
    • After hearing about the project he wanted an example from my past that matched. It took awhile to get some terms across.   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2014.

I applied online in September 2013 and was contacted in February for an in-person interview. This was a four panel interview. Each person took turns asking me about my resume, experience, education, and also behavioral questions. The person leading the interview had three packets of questions prepared for me. One packet was just personal questions, second packet behavioral questions, and third technical questions.......It took Socal Edison three month to get back to me and tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between precision and accuracy?   Answer Question

Management Disability Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2014.

Consists of initial panel nterview once you pass the initial interview you move on to a performance interview. Both interviews were specific to the position. Not a STAR general format. Great Experience!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial communication from HR to validate experience, followed by a scheduled in person interview with hiring manager. 1hr interview asking standard interview questions. A week later HR called with an offer.

Interview Questions

Offer was less than expected.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2013.

Very long process. I applied in November 2013 and was asked to come in for an interview in February 2014. In April I was told they had chosen a different candidate.

Planner Trainee Interview

Very difficult and time consuming. From job post to interview took over 4 months!, still waiting for response. I was very excited to interview but my interview panel was very lethargic, and unprepared to answer my questions. It sort of felt like a joke its held at the Pomona Sheraton motel. Didn't feel like you think a Edison interview should. I'm very let down, and disappointed

Interview Questions
    • In short, Tell us about your problems.   View Answer

Control Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I met one of the University and Campus Relations Personnel and after some discussion I was able to hand my resume to the person. My resume was then forwarded off to one of their offices where they selected me to interview for Control System Administrator's position. I went through the phone screening process however there were other more qualified candidates and I was not selected for a face to face interview.

Engineer I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2014.

It took about a month and a half after the initial phone interview to get the final in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a panel of engineers, (3-4), asking various behavioral questions, like "Give an example of a time that you were wrong in an engineering calculation, and how you went about to correct it", "Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a colleague and what you did to resolve it". After several of these types of questions, there were some position-specific questions to evaluate the interviewee's competency and understanding of the skills and knowledge required. After the interview, it took exactly 1 week to hear back with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2014.

Hiring process took exactly 35 days, from when I applied for the position, all the way to my start date. The background check took one day. Interview process is exactly what other people have advised. It follows a STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), behavioral-based interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very challenging compared to what I am normally used to when it comes to interview questions. However, knowing what others here have advised, I gathered all possible behavioral-based questions on the internet and tailored it to my career experience. Everything I prepared for in advance got asked in the interview, therefore, no surprises (again, depends how determined you are during the preparation process so that you do not encounter any unexpected questions). I do not recall the exact questions but if not most, all of their questions will determine how you approach every situation, what the tasks were, actions you took and the outcome/results.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase is like any other company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted