Southern California Edison

122 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter several months after I applied. Interviews followed fairly quickly. Was told that they would get back to me "by the end of the week" - never happened. The formal interview was behavioral. One interviewer prefaced each question with "It say:...." then read the question from the script. Felt odd.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to be concerned with safety. Took me by surprise as safety had nothing to do with the job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Rosemead, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2013.

Interview Details – Unless you have a law degree or a PhD you need to know an executive for a non Union job.

Interview Question – Are you gay ?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Interviewed current and past employees to determine the direction of the company.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Rosemead, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2010.

Interview Details – Hired through internal posting which can be quite lengthy, up to many months

Interview Question – Questions are situational type questions with one or two technical questions to weed out the pack   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Attorney
Rosemead, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. First round consisted of a group situation with panel of employees from the department, including member(s) of hiring committee. Panel consisted of cross section of individuals from different practice areas. Second round consisted of one on one interviews with specific practice area members and management individuals.

Interview Question – What do you think about the public utility industry?   Answer Question

Apprentice Instrumentation Tech Interview

Apprentice Instrumentation Tech
San Clemente, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was then subjected to a review of my resume by keyword search. I got through that stage and was scheduled for a Basic Physics and Electrical Knowledge Test. About 50 people took the test at my testing session. I heard 1000 people tested. I passed it and was scheduled for an interview at San Onofre. I was interviewed by three supervisors, impressed them and about two weeks later got hired.

Interview Question – Give a time when you failed at something. What did you fail at? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union position, no negotiations.

Project Inspector Interview

Project Inspector
San Dimas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview, background check, drug test, previous employer verification, and DMV printout.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were required to attend a meeting with several people to discuss a problem with a project. How did you articulate your point? Were you successful?
And what was the outcome?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation just an elaboration on the compensation, benefits, and the schedule.
Then asked if that would be acceptable.

Technical Scientist Specialist III Interview

Technical Scientist Specialist III
Brea, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2010.

Interview Details – They go through the interview process even though they already have an employee in mind for the position, makes it hard to advance unless you know someone.

Interview Question – They asked about Performance Measurement even though they don't use it within the department.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Electrical Engineer Intern
Pomona, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2013.

Interview Details – There was only an in-person interview, where they asked about cyber-security, the role of NERC, WECC, whether I had experience reading one line diagrams, draw a one line diagram of the power system including the main components such as transformers, circuit breakers, buses, power source, etc.

Interview Question – If there was a cyber-attack that completely disrupted the power system, what component(s) do you think that the hackers would try to control or disable?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered a rate per hour, and I accepted.

Application Developer Interview

Application Developer
Rosemead, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2009.

Interview Details – 50% Behavior questions and 50% technical questions. Technical questions are depent on job specification but database knowledge is a must!

Interview Question – database tuning question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you could gamble and ask the HR to negotiate for you with the hiring manager. Not recommended because lot of people are looking for job ;)

Telephone Operator Interview

Telephone Operator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2009.

Interview Details – I had about 3 or 4 interviews including a phone interview. Interview were what I expected. I was nervous, but everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – The testing is the most nerve wrecking and difficult part of the whole experience. I'm great at what I do. I'm a great employee, and I have a lot of quality work to offer...however I'm a horrible test taker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fair and I was happy to take it.