Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted for the job two month prior with a simply phone interview i had expected nothing from it since it had been so long but then i got a call and they wanted a face to face the next day. When i got in i watched the employees as i waited for my escort. Even if the dress code says no tennis shoes i saw a mix from shorts to suits coming in and out. The interview was don't in there main office building and in the cafeteria. The interview was really quick and seemed like they did not know what they wanted. Only because i had specific keywords on my resume did they interview me but i was under the impression they did not fully know what they meant. In any effect the manager had been there more than 10 years and said that most people have resumes that are to long and not enough depth.

Interview Questions

• After hearing about the project he wanted an example from my past that matched. It took awhile to get some terms across.   Answer Question

Interview

Initial communication from HR to validate experience, followed by a scheduled in person interview with hiring manager. 1hr interview asking standard interview questions. A week later HR called with an offer.

Interview Questions

Offer was less than expected.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Asked a total of 8 behavioral questions from a panel of interviewers. Questions were aim to ID your Role? Approach? outcome? of the situation. Whole process took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much room

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a series of about 6 questions, but there were about 3-4 things you have to answer within the questions. They provide paper and pens to write down notes so can refer back to the questions when you answer. You can ask them to repeat the questions since it's hard to catch everything they say. After the interview you have to give the paper you wrote on back.

Interview Questions

• How have you handle conflicts at work, what was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2014.

Interview

Consists of initial panel nterview once you pass the initial interview you move on to a performance interview. Both interviews were specific to the position. Not a STAR general format. Great Experience!

Planner Trainee Interview

Interview

Very difficult and time consuming. From job post to interview took over 4 months!, still waiting for response. I was very excited to interview but my interview panel was very lethargic, and unprepared to answer my questions. It sort of felt like a joke its held at the Pomona Sheraton motel. Didn't feel like you think a Edison interview should. I'm very let down, and disappointed

Interview Questions

• In short, Tell us about your problems.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I met one of the University and Campus Relations Personnel and after some discussion I was able to hand my resume to the person. My resume was then forwarded off to one of their offices where they selected me to interview for Control System Administrator's position. I went through the phone screening process however there were other more qualified candidates and I was not selected for a face to face interview.

PMO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy. They had around 4 long questions ready and each of them graded me based on the answers to those questions. Each questions had sub questions. They were pretty relaxed. It was not that hard. The panel had three people. One PMO program manager and two project managers.All of them were pretty ok to talk to.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

Negotiation

The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2014.

Interview

It took about a month and a half after the initial phone interview to get the final in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a panel of engineers, (3-4), asking various behavioral questions, like "Give an example of a time that you were wrong in an engineering calculation, and how you went about to correct it", "Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a colleague and what you did to resolve it". After several of these types of questions, there were some position-specific questions to evaluate the interviewee's competency and understanding of the skills and knowledge required. After the interview, it took exactly 1 week to hear back with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question