Southern California Edison

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.2

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2013.

Initial phone screen with talent acquisition.
    Interview with reporting senior and two of your peer group.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation in which you led a cross functional group, what problems you encountered and how you solved the/those prooblems?   View Answer
    I negotiated and on work hours, school attendance, bonus and base salary.
    Very reasonable and quick response times with counter offers.

Professional Intern I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

I applied online through a posting on a job board.
    Got a call from a HR person in about a week. He scheduled the first round interview for the next day. The first round was a one hour interview with 15 mins behavioral, 30 mins for a case, and 15 mins for questions. I heard back in the positive that very evening. They scheduled a second round interview 2 business days after the first round. The second round was mostly behavioral relating to past experiences in a team and as a leader. Overall very friendly interviewers who were able to explain everything clearly and professionally.

Interview Questions
    • I think the questions were what you already expect in an interview. No curve balls.   Answer Question

Professional Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Pretty straight forward interview questions; the first round is your basic skills questions with a few situational questions; the second interview is pretty much all situational.

Interview Questions
    • In a situation where your supervisor is not acting according to policy what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2013.

There was only an in-person interview, where they asked about cyber-security, the role of NERC, WECC, whether I had experience reading one line diagrams, draw a one line diagram of the power system including the main components such as transformers, circuit breakers, buses, power source, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a cyber-attack that completely disrupted the power system, what component(s) do you think that the hackers would try to control or disable?   View Answer
    No negotiation, they offered a rate per hour, and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Applying online was relatively painless and received a phone screen one day after applying online... I was told that selected candidates would receive a call within two weeks for an interview. I never got a call back, but the online application still says that the job status is active and still accepting applications, so I slightly feel in the dark about whether I'm still a contender or not.... I would appreciate a call/email back stating that I wasn't selected if that's the case.

Interview Questions
    • None, the phone screen was just asking for more clarifications on the resume you submit... very relaxed screening.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Dimensional interview process focused on specific competencies such as communication, conflict resolution, work management, etc.

Interview Questions
    • None. All are scripted and straight to the point. No brainteaser questions. This company is too sophisticated.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Theres lots of steps here but its worth it! Dont be scared!

1. Apply online at sce.com
    2. Check your email everyday twice a day
    3. You will receive an email to go to testing, there are study guides available depending on the position.
    4. You get a call/email to schedule an interview with 2 managers or HR recruiters
    5. In a few days you get a call with a job offer. I got my call as I'm walking out of the interview so sometimes it can be quick!

good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of scenario questions. As in " Have you ever been in a situation ..and what did you do etc. Behavioral questions about prior employment experience. Stay calm, its not timed. and be approachable but professional!   Answer Question
    No Negotiation BUT lots of raises and bonuses early on so dont get upset =)

Technical Specialist Scientist IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2013.

You will need to fill out a profile and cover all areas of responsibilities! Each job is posted for a limited time period so note the time limit for applying for each job. Hiring process can be very slow (3 to 4 months before you hear back about the job you applied for.) You will only have one interview and there will be more than one person interviewing you at the same time (2 to 4 usually). It will be a “dimensional interview” so be prepared for that type of interview. They will ask questions like, describe a time when you had to perform a task and you didn’t have enough time to complete the task. What did you do? They most likely will not look at you too much during the interview because they will be busy writing down your response. Pay attention, if they are not writing while you are responding then, you are off track in regards to the question asked.

It most likely is a professional office environment. The dress code depends on location and job. Most people work in a cubical in the office environment. They have a strong safety culture environment which includes IT safety and no tailgating. Most people working there do not have college degrees. When you accept a job you are stuck in that position for 18 months before you can apply for another job without VP written approval. Overall the people are very nice and a pleasure to work with. You will work there because of the people and the compensation.

Interview Questions
    • It will be a “dimensional interview” so be prepared for that type of interview. They will ask questions like, describe a time when you had to perform a task and you didn’t have enough time to complete the task. What did you do? Describe a time when you had to get a job accomplished and you can not reschedule the work and you are told you are not going to receive parts on time for this planned work, What did you do?   Answer Question
    You can negotiate salary, signing bonus, and moving expenses.

Manager II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Applied online, phone interview w/ HR Recruiter, Panel interview w/ 3 Managers (including hiring).

Interview Questions
    Did not budge on offer which was based on MRP

Professional Intern I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Apply online at edisonjobs.com. Include a resume and cover letter. Describe what time of position you are looking for in your cover letter. Generally have internships across all departments.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were a team leader and had to deal with an issue of a team member?   Answer Question