Southern California Edison

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.2

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2013.

Unless you have a law degree or a PhD you need to know an executive for a non Union job.

Interview Questions

Interviewed current and past employees to determine the direction of the company.

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Long and tedious. Took over 6 months from first application to stepping in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about ADDIE processes. Nothing exceptionally hard   Answer Question
    Negotiation is suggested. They will accept.

Professional Trainee I Interview

There was a job fair at the college I attended. I submitted my resume and talked to the recruiter for about 10 minutes. After a couple days, I got called in for an interview. Since I was applying for an intern position, there weren't really any technical questions until towards the end.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2013.

Initial phone screen with talent acquisition.
    Interview with reporting senior and two of your peer group.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation in which you led a cross functional group, what problems you encountered and how you solved the/those prooblems?   View Answer
    I negotiated and on work hours, school attendance, bonus and base salary.
    Very reasonable and quick response times with counter offers.

Professional Intern I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

I applied online through a posting on a job board.
    Got a call from a HR person in about a week. He scheduled the first round interview for the next day. The first round was a one hour interview with 15 mins behavioral, 30 mins for a case, and 15 mins for questions. I heard back in the positive that very evening. They scheduled a second round interview 2 business days after the first round. The second round was mostly behavioral relating to past experiences in a team and as a leader. Overall very friendly interviewers who were able to explain everything clearly and professionally.

Interview Questions
    • I think the questions were what you already expect in an interview. No curve balls.   Answer Question

Professional Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Pretty straight forward interview questions; the first round is your basic skills questions with a few situational questions; the second interview is pretty much all situational.

Interview Questions
    • In a situation where your supervisor is not acting according to policy what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2013.

There was only an in-person interview, where they asked about cyber-security, the role of NERC, WECC, whether I had experience reading one line diagrams, draw a one line diagram of the power system including the main components such as transformers, circuit breakers, buses, power source, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a cyber-attack that completely disrupted the power system, what component(s) do you think that the hackers would try to control or disable?   View Answer
    No negotiation, they offered a rate per hour, and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Applying online was relatively painless and received a phone screen one day after applying online... I was told that selected candidates would receive a call within two weeks for an interview. I never got a call back, but the online application still says that the job status is active and still accepting applications, so I slightly feel in the dark about whether I'm still a contender or not.... I would appreciate a call/email back stating that I wasn't selected if that's the case.

Interview Questions
    • None, the phone screen was just asking for more clarifications on the resume you submit... very relaxed screening.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Dimensional interview process focused on specific competencies such as communication, conflict resolution, work management, etc.

Interview Questions
    • None. All are scripted and straight to the point. No brainteaser questions. This company is too sophisticated.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Theres lots of steps here but its worth it! Dont be scared!

1. Apply online at sce.com
    2. Check your email everyday twice a day
    3. You will receive an email to go to testing, there are study guides available depending on the position.
    4. You get a call/email to schedule an interview with 2 managers or HR recruiters
    5. In a few days you get a call with a job offer. I got my call as I'm walking out of the interview so sometimes it can be quick!

good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of scenario questions. As in " Have you ever been in a situation ..and what did you do etc. Behavioral questions about prior employment experience. Stay calm, its not timed. and be approachable but professional!   Answer Question
    No Negotiation BUT lots of raises and bonuses early on so dont get upset =)