Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.2

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2012.

They already know who they want when they interviewed...it was all done for show.

Interview Questions
    • Something in regards to starting a project from scratch, and all the steps in between. Their questions seem to pertain to one particular project that only an internal applicant would have knowledge of.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2012.

Asked alot of behavioral questions

Resource and Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2011.

It was a case interview. There were two men who interviewed me. It was an on-campus interview at the career center. The recruiter herself was very nice and kind. She told me to apply for a position as a contract manager after they did not make me an offer for the position I originally applied for, but I missed the deadline by a few hours through my own negligence.

Interview Questions
    • How many machines should the hospital use based on the information and graphs provided?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2011.

Case that was interviewer led. About launching a new medical product and finding the optimal number to install in a hospital given revenue, costs and demand data. Not to difficult if you are from a economics background.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2011.

It was a temp job for 2 years. It took 3 weeks after the temp agency submitted my application to get an interview. There was only 1 interview with 2 managers. They asked alot of situational questions to test your analytical thought process. What experiences you have had in the past that applied to the job. The managers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • In your previous job, when was your last critical thinking project>   Answer Question
    • How does your previous experience apply to this job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2011.

The hiring process was smooth and quick. The interview process was very normal. Basically, you are interviewed by either 1 or more managers and they take turns asking questions. They also record what they hear from you. They also challenge what you know in a technical interview. They will add on to what you answer as well to get more in depth with the question.

Program/Project Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irwindale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2011.

I had one interview, met with three people, which included the hiring manager. Meeting was casual and conversational. In my case I presented work samples, letters of recommendations, and contacts. Questions were fairly typical, don't recall them. Was hired shortly after interview.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall the questions, but the interview was pleasant. I did not feel challenged to great detail regarding my capabilities.   Answer Question
    The job paid $75k and was with Edison. I took it with no questions.

Summer Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Compton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2011.

They asked questions like "What do you do for a hobby?" (A way to probe how you keep yourself out of trouble). Why do you want to work for Edison?

Interview Questions
    Offer was pretty much non-negotiable.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2011.

The panel interview included 4 interviewers. It was about an hour. Most questions are behavioral questions regarding the attitude and solutions for a given situation at work. But I think in addition to answering the questions, it would be better to include the skills and ability required for the position in the solution.

Interview Questions
    • What would you when you have conflict with your teammate at work?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2011.

Enormous parking lot. Tight front door security. Very friendly people - they seemed happy to be there. Mostly business casual - but this was a Friday...

Common questions such as "Tell me about yourself", but also multi-part behavior such as, "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you'd like to improve about yourself   View Answer