Southern California Edison

Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.2

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2012.

Hiring Process took over two months. A brief telephonic interview from HR followed by an panel interview with two managers for over an hour. Questions were all behavioral in nature like" Give me an instance where you have done this in the past etc.." . No technical questions asked.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2012.

They already know who they want when they interviewed...it was all done for show.

Interview Questions
    • Something in regards to starting a project from scratch, and all the steps in between. Their questions seem to pertain to one particular project that only an internal applicant would have knowledge of.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2012.

Dimensional interview questions 12 max. Hiring managers and one other interviewer sharing pre-written questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if a long term employee got loud and opinionated during a decision making group staff meeting? How would it change your decision and how would you deal with that employee.   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2012.

Asked alot of behavioral questions

Resource and Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2011.

It was a case interview. There were two men who interviewed me. It was an on-campus interview at the career center. The recruiter herself was very nice and kind. She told me to apply for a position as a contract manager after they did not make me an offer for the position I originally applied for, but I missed the deadline by a few hours through my own negligence.

Interview Questions
    • How many machines should the hospital use based on the information and graphs provided?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2011.

Case that was interviewer led. About launching a new medical product and finding the optimal number to install in a hospital given revenue, costs and demand data. Not to difficult if you are from a economics background.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2011.

It was a temp job for 2 years. It took 3 weeks after the temp agency submitted my application to get an interview. There was only 1 interview with 2 managers. They asked alot of situational questions to test your analytical thought process. What experiences you have had in the past that applied to the job. The managers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • In your previous job, when was your last critical thinking project>   Answer Question
    • How does your previous experience apply to this job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2011.

The hiring process was smooth and quick. The interview process was very normal. Basically, you are interviewed by either 1 or more managers and they take turns asking questions. They also record what they hear from you. They also challenge what you know in a technical interview. They will add on to what you answer as well to get more in depth with the question.

Program/Project Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2011.

I had one interview, met with three people, which included the hiring manager. Meeting was casual and conversational. In my case I presented work samples, letters of recommendations, and contacts. Questions were fairly typical, don't recall them. Was hired shortly after interview.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall the questions, but the interview was pleasant. I did not feel challenged to great detail regarding my capabilities.   Answer Question
    The job paid $75k and was with Edison. I took it with no questions.

Summer Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2011.

They asked questions like "What do you do for a hobby?" (A way to probe how you keep yourself out of trouble). Why do you want to work for Edison?

Interview Questions
    Offer was pretty much non-negotiable.