Southern California Edison

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.2

Technical Specialist Scientist IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2013.

You will need to fill out a profile and cover all areas of responsibilities! Each job is posted for a limited time period so note the time limit for applying for each job. Hiring process can be very slow (3 to 4 months before you hear back about the job you applied for.) You will only have one interview and there will be more than one person interviewing you at the same time (2 to 4 usually). It will be a “dimensional interview” so be prepared for that type of interview. They will ask questions like, describe a time when you had to perform a task and you didn’t have enough time to complete the task. What did you do? They most likely will not look at you too much during the interview because they will be busy writing down your response. Pay attention, if they are not writing while you are responding then, you are off track in regards to the question asked.

It most likely is a professional office environment. The dress code depends on location and job. Most people work in a cubical in the office environment. They have a strong safety culture environment which includes IT safety and no tailgating. Most people working there do not have college degrees. When you accept a job you are stuck in that position for 18 months before you can apply for another job without VP written approval. Overall the people are very nice and a pleasure to work with. You will work there because of the people and the compensation.

Interview Questions
    • It will be a “dimensional interview” so be prepared for that type of interview. They will ask questions like, describe a time when you had to perform a task and you didn’t have enough time to complete the task. What did you do? Describe a time when you had to get a job accomplished and you can not reschedule the work and you are told you are not going to receive parts on time for this planned work, What did you do?   Answer Question
    You can negotiate salary, signing bonus, and moving expenses.

Manager II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Applied online, phone interview w/ HR Recruiter, Panel interview w/ 3 Managers (including hiring).

Interview Questions
    Did not budge on offer which was based on MRP

Professional Intern I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Apply online at edisonjobs.com. Include a resume and cover letter. Describe what time of position you are looking for in your cover letter. Generally have internships across all departments.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were a team leader and had to deal with an issue of a team member?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

The hiring process was okay. The lady that talked to me on the phone was nice and polite. We did some back-and-forth for salary and hiring bonus, which I got most of what I wanted. The interview was VERY long and the questions were really convaluded. By the time they were done asking the question, I had to ask them to repeat and take notes on it.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was difficult because it limited my response to a specific type of experience, along with being multi-part; it had to do with being a member of a team to accomplish a project in which team members disagreed on the product.   View Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2012.

Hiring Process took over two months. A brief telephonic interview from HR followed by an panel interview with two managers for over an hour. Questions were all behavioral in nature like" Give me an instance where you have done this in the past etc.." . No technical questions asked.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2012.

Dimensional interview questions 12 max. Hiring managers and one other interviewer sharing pre-written questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if a long term employee got loud and opinionated during a decision making group staff meeting? How would it change your decision and how would you deal with that employee.   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2012.

They already know who they want when they interviewed...it was all done for show.

Interview Questions
    • Something in regards to starting a project from scratch, and all the steps in between. Their questions seem to pertain to one particular project that only an internal applicant would have knowledge of.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2012.

Asked alot of behavioral questions

Resource and Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2011.

It was a case interview. There were two men who interviewed me. It was an on-campus interview at the career center. The recruiter herself was very nice and kind. She told me to apply for a position as a contract manager after they did not make me an offer for the position I originally applied for, but I missed the deadline by a few hours through my own negligence.

Interview Questions
    • How many machines should the hospital use based on the information and graphs provided?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2011.

Case that was interviewer led. About launching a new medical product and finding the optimal number to install in a hospital given revenue, costs and demand data. Not to difficult if you are from a economics background.