Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.2

Material Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

Interviewers asks questions on how one would handle a given situation, provide examples of experience that fit the position applied for, what are the interviewee's strengths and weaknesses.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

Extensive interview questions regarding values, HR scenarios, communication techniques. Role playing. Expect a panel interview. You will be scored by each individual for each question. The hiring process weeds out applicants up front by scoring a matrix of must haves. Be clear on you resume because the HR folks generally have little if any experience in you subject matter area. They will simply look for key words on the resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR rep misrepresented the ability to make a better offer. Be very explicit regarding what you want and get it in writing. The staffing people seem to think their job is to lowball applicants. Often this happens without the hiring department's knowledge. Maybe its in their performance metrics???

Training Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Phone Screen by Recruiter - Phone screen by manager - Panel Interview - Leader interview and sign-off

Interview Questions

• How do you print from an excell document   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Unless you have a law degree or a PhD you need to know an executive for a non Union job.

Interview Questions

Interviewed current and past employees to determine the direction of the company.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Long and tedious. Took over 6 months from first application to stepping in the door.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about ADDIE processes. Nothing exceptionally hard   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is suggested. They will accept.

Professional Trainee I Interview

Interview

There was a job fair at the college I attended. I submitted my resume and talked to the recruiter for about 10 minutes. After a couple days, I got called in for an interview. Since I was applying for an intern position, there weren't really any technical questions until towards the end.

Professional Intern I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I applied online through a posting on a job board.
    Got a call from a HR person in about a week. He scheduled the first round interview for the next day. The first round was a one hour interview with 15 mins behavioral, 30 mins for a case, and 15 mins for questions. I heard back in the positive that very evening. They scheduled a second round interview 2 business days after the first round. The second round was mostly behavioral relating to past experiences in a team and as a leader. Overall very friendly interviewers who were able to explain everything clearly and professionally.

Interview Questions

• I think the questions were what you already expect in an interview. No curve balls.   Answer Question

Professional Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview questions; the first round is your basic skills questions with a few situational questions; the second interview is pretty much all situational.

Interview Questions

• In a situation where your supervisor is not acting according to policy what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with talent acquisition.
    Interview with reporting senior and two of your peer group.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you led a cross functional group, what problems you encountered and how you solved the/those prooblems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated and on work hours, school attendance, bonus and base salary.
    Very reasonable and quick response times with counter offers.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There was only an in-person interview, where they asked about cyber-security, the role of NERC, WECC, whether I had experience reading one line diagrams, draw a one line diagram of the power system including the main components such as transformers, circuit breakers, buses, power source, etc.

Interview Questions

• If there was a cyber-attack that completely disrupted the power system, what component(s) do you think that the hackers would try to control or disable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered a rate per hour, and I accepted.