Southern California Edison

Employer Engaged

Southern California Edison Interview Questions in Irwindale, CA

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in April 2014.

Entire interview was based on situational events. Tell me about a time when.......etc. How would you conduct a gap analysis and what you would do with that information. Interview panel consisted of two people and was very relaxed, not super formal.

Interview Questions
    • The multiple part questions were difficult to follow. You can take notes when they ask the questions so that helps.   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2012.

Hiring Process took over two months. A brief telephonic interview from HR followed by an panel interview with two managers for over an hour. Questions were all behavioral in nature like" Give me an instance where you have done this in the past etc.." . No technical questions asked.

Program/Project Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2011.

I had one interview, met with three people, which included the hiring manager. Meeting was casual and conversational. In my case I presented work samples, letters of recommendations, and contacts. Questions were fairly typical, don't recall them. Was hired shortly after interview.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall the questions, but the interview was pleasant. I did not feel challenged to great detail regarding my capabilities.   Answer Question
    The job paid $75k and was with Edison. I took it with no questions.

Project Analyst III (APP3) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2011.

I was contacted by one of SCE's contracting agencies. I had to go online to do several microsoft software skills test ie; word, excel, access and project. I passed all 4, then they called to schedule a phone interview with the screening manager. I passed this as well and they scheduled an in person interview with the same manager. After I successfully made it through this interview, they scheduled a panel interview. There were (3) managers and they asked different sets of questions, behavioral, technical and personal.

Interview Questions
    • What tools do you use to do your job and how do you use them?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with personality differences or difficulties in the office environment?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any room for negotiation. Whatever salary they offer, thats it.

IT Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in December 2010.

Attended a career event at Cal Poly Pomona and handed the SCE job recruiter my resume. Was contacted about a job a few months later. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager that asked a bunch of informational questions. Had another interview in person with the hiring manager and team member. Asked more informational and behavior questions. Was contacted by HR via phone that I got the job and accepted it. Had to do a drug and background check. Show proof of degrees and current school status. Overall process took a few months.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2010.

3 person panel interview with "Round Robin" type questions. I was handed a sheet with several detailed questions on it. Interview began with a briefy overview of the company then they started with the questioning. I answered lots of questions, they did a lot of writing, asking for more details on occasion. Everyone was nice, but formal. Interview went well (I think), but I didn't get to show all of my portfolio pieces. After one hour, I was thanked and I went on my way. No discussion of salary or when they might make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a project that had overlapping timelines with another project. How did you resolve it? Include instances where you had a difficult time communicating with either employees or customers. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Management IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2010.

Very quick and professional with regard to the recruitment aspects, initially good communication, however this dropped off naturally once the interviews and assessments were completed.

The interview itself was a constant round of interruptions which disrupted the flow of the interview, usual problems with finding rooms so it was conducted in a communal area.

Vert little feedback following the assessment and interview, however overall a positive learning experience, role was offered to a more qualified candidate..ce la vie.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you dealt with this, describe how you conducted that....   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in April 2010.

The interview process was probably an hour long with technical to general question regarding my background and my skill set and previous experiences; some usual questions; what are you strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    ask for more vacation days if possible and more pay depending on your background and experience if you can.

Accounts Receivable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in December 2008.

I interview in front of a panel asked 6 questions they were all charecteristic questions and if you know what a star is you will do well

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time yo had a problem with a supervisor or coworker   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were dealing with an irrate customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    stick to start situation task and result ... and preapre yourself with samples from past jobs

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2008.

Very structured, not much room for creative conversation. They had their list of questions to ask and that was it, none of my replies sparked any follow-up questions.
    Very short replies to my questions about the company, culture, challenges. They seemed very tight-lipped.