Southern California Edison

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Professional Trainee

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward interview questions; the first round is your basic skills questions with a few situational questions; the second interview is pretty much all situational.

Interview Question – In a situation where your supervisor is not acting according to policy what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2010.

Interview Details – after submitting my profile and the necessary document on the school website, I was contacted by a recruiting manager within the week. We immediately had a phone interview, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. The questions weren't overly tough and was definitely manageable. The recruiter said he would be in touch within a few days, and voila, he offers me an interview spot the next day.
My in house interview was with a panel of 3 individuals and each had a pre-defined list of questions to ask. many many many many MANY behavioral questions and a total of 3 questions regarding BASIC accounting terms. The whole interview process lasted approximately 2 hours and I got fairly good feedbacks from them.

Interview Questions

• We have many competitive applicants applying this year. How are you different from them and what sets you apart from the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question
  • Describe how you would prioritize all the important aspects of your life.   Answer Question

Professional Trainee

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2010.

Interview Details – Basically I applied through my university career website and submitted my resume. After a week, I got a email stating that I am chosen to do a phone interview. Couple of days later I get the call.
1. Why do you want to work for SCE?
2. How did you handle a very stubborn/ irritated customer?
3. Describe yourself.
4. Would you consider yourself analytical? what ways?

Most of the questions were behavioral.. That was it! I didn't have to go through an actual 1:1 interview and was hired through the phone interview. I heard if they really needed interns, they will just conduct a phone interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself doing at SCE?   Answer Question

Professional Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2009.

Interview Details – During the interview, I have to present my personality. What my prior job experiences contribute to be eligible for the position I am applying for? What did I do for senior project? What kind of programming language do I use? Why did I choose to use that language over other ones?

Interview Question – Why did I choose one programming language over the others?   Answer Question

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!