Southern California Edison Professional Trainee Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Professional Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Pretty straight forward interview questions; the first round is your basic skills questions with a few situational questions; the second interview is pretty much all situational.

Interview Questions
  • In a situation where your supervisor is not acting according to policy what would you do?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2010.

after submitting my profile and the necessary document on the school website, I was contacted by a recruiting manager within the week. We immediately had a phone interview, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. The questions weren't overly tough and was definitely manageable. The recruiter said he would be in touch within a few days, and voila, he offers me an interview spot the next day.
    My in house interview was with a panel of 3 individuals and each had a pre-defined list of questions to ask. many many many many MANY behavioral questions and a total of 3 questions regarding BASIC accounting terms. The whole interview process lasted approximately 2 hours and I got fairly good feedbacks from them.

Interview Questions
    • We have many competitive applicants applying this year. How are you different from them and what sets you apart from the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would prioritize all the important aspects of your life.   Answer Question

Professional Trainee Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2010.

Basically I applied through my university career website and submitted my resume. After a week, I got a email stating that I am chosen to do a phone interview. Couple of days later I get the call.
    1. Why do you want to work for SCE?
    2. How did you handle a very stubborn/ irritated customer?
    3. Describe yourself.
    4. Would you consider yourself analytical? what ways?

Most of the questions were behavioral.. That was it! I didn't have to go through an actual 1:1 interview and was hired through the phone interview. I heard if they really needed interns, they will just conduct a phone interview.

Professional Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2009.

During the interview, I have to present my personality. What my prior job experiences contribute to be eligible for the position I am applying for? What did I do for senior project? What kind of programming language do I use? Why did I choose to use that language over other ones?

Interview Questions
    • Why did I choose one programming language over the others?   Answer Question

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!