Southern California Edison

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rosemead, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

Negotiation Details – The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted

Irwindale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in April 2014.

Interview Details – Entire interview was based on situational events. Tell me about a time when.......etc. How would you conduct a gap analysis and what you would do with that information. Interview panel consisted of two people and was very relaxed, not super formal.

Interview Question – The multiple part questions were difficult to follow. You can take notes when they ask the questions so that helps.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rosemead, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – Dimensional interview process focused on specific competencies such as communication, conflict resolution, work management, etc.

Interview Question – None. All are scripted and straight to the point. No brainteaser questions. This company is too sophisticated.   Answer Question

Rosemead, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – The hiring process was okay. The lady that talked to me on the phone was nice and polite. We did some back-and-forth for salary and hiring bonus, which I got most of what I wanted. The interview was VERY long and the questions were really convaluded. By the time they were done asking the question, I had to ask them to repeat and take notes on it.

Interview Question – The hardest question was difficult because it limited my response to a specific type of experience, along with being multi-part; it had to do with being a member of a team to accomplish a project in which team members disagreed on the product.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was critical to post a resume on the official site although I got my job through a contract recruiter

Interview Questions

Irwindale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2008.

Interview Details – Very structured, not much room for creative conversation. They had their list of questions to ask and that was it, none of my replies sparked any follow-up questions.
Very short replies to my questions about the company, culture, challenges. They seemed very tight-lipped.

Interview Questions

Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details – Difficult to join unless you come from California State Universities or other reputed schools.
Panel of people will take your interview if you are trainee or experienced professional. Typically you need to work as a contractor in order to be hired. Difficult to get hired directly here.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They will give you a number and you have to accept it as it is not employee's market and SCE knows it.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!