Southern California Edison Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2014

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in April 2014.

Entire interview was based on situational events. Tell me about a time when.......etc. How would you conduct a gap analysis and what you would do with that information. Interview panel consisted of two people and was very relaxed, not super formal.

Interview Questions
    • The multiple part questions were difficult to follow. You can take notes when they ask the questions so that helps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Dimensional interview process focused on specific competencies such as communication, conflict resolution, work management, etc.

Interview Questions
    • None. All are scripted and straight to the point. No brainteaser questions. This company is too sophisticated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

The hiring process was okay. The lady that talked to me on the phone was nice and polite. We did some back-and-forth for salary and hiring bonus, which I got most of what I wanted. The interview was VERY long and the questions were really convaluded. By the time they were done asking the question, I had to ask them to repeat and take notes on it.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was difficult because it limited my response to a specific type of experience, along with being multi-part; it had to do with being a member of a team to accomplish a project in which team members disagreed on the product.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2010.

It was critical to post a resume on the official site although I got my job through a contract recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2008.

Very structured, not much room for creative conversation. They had their list of questions to ask and that was it, none of my replies sparked any follow-up questions.
    Very short replies to my questions about the company, culture, challenges. They seemed very tight-lipped.

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Difficult to join unless you come from California State Universities or other reputed schools.
    Panel of people will take your interview if you are trainee or experienced professional. Typically you need to work as a contractor in order to be hired. Difficult to get hired directly here.

No negotiation. They will give you a number and you have to accept it as it is not employee's market and SCE knows it.