Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern Company
- Intern (4)
- Engineer Co-Op (3)
- Engineering Intern (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Senior Administrative Assistant (2)
- Engineering Co-Op (2)
- Engineering Coop (1)
- Senior Construction Engineer (1)
- Operations Supervisor (1)
- Risk Analyst (1)
- Co Op (1)
- Project Controls (1)
- Quality Assurance Coordinator (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Design Engineer (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Simulator Engineer (1)
- Construction Training Coordinator (1)
- Strucural Engineer (1)
- Summer Intern (Electrical Engineering) (1)
- Engineer II (1)
- Engineer III (1)
- Service Consultant (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- CONTRACT AGENT (1)
- Contract Analyst (1)
- Planning Analyst (1)
- Oracle Database Administrator (1)
- Analyst (1)
- IT Support (1)
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Southern Company in October 2014.
I went to my Universities Career Fair on Wednesday and as I approached Southern Company he asked for my Resume and asked if I would be available for interview on that Friday. I said yes of course then I received an call and email for confirmation on the time.
- Why do you think you are qualified for this job? and What are your preferences of work environment? are two questions they asked. Answer Question
- Do you think it is better to work in a group/team and why? Answer Question
- Why did you choose your major? Answer Question
- What are some leadership rolls you have had? Answer Question
- Have you done any projects/work related to your major? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Southern Company
Intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in April 2010.
I initially got the interview at a career fair where I was asked to interview the next day. In this interview the lady asked me the basic questions (tell me about yourself, what was your hardest challenge in school etc). I then got a call a couple days later asking for a second round interview in Birmingham. In this interview there was a panel of interviewers. Went through the interview but wasn't selected for the job
- Give an example of a time you had to assume a leadership role. 1 Answer
Intern InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern Company.
Got a call a week after career fair. Standard HR interview process.
- When was a time you dealt with a difficult situation? Answer Question
Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Southern Company in October 2008.
I met them at a career fair and was then invited for an interview. After passing both the drug screen and the background check, I was given an official offer. After accepting the offer, I was asked to start at my earliest convenience
I wasn't able to negotiate anything as an intern. the internship program is a set path, unlike a full time position where you may be able to negotiate salary and benefits.