Southern Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Interview

Laid back interview environment. Panel type interview, the questions were pretty straightforward. After I applied it took almost 4 weeks until I heard something back from the hiring manager. As long as you study and brush up on your behavioral interviewing skills you should be fine for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any new ideas or methods that you have implemented in previous jobs to improve your work quality of efficiency?   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 members. Given two questions prior to interview. Each member asks a specific question and they take notes on your answers. At the end, they give you an opportunity to ask questions. Laid back environment.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southern Company in October 2014.

Interview

I went to my Universities Career Fair on Wednesday and as I approached Southern Company he asked for my Resume and asked if I would be available for interview on that Friday. I said yes of course then I received an call and email for confirmation on the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this job? and What are your preferences of work environment? are two questions they asked.   Answer Question
    • Do you think it is better to work in a group/team and why?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question
    • What are some leadership rolls you have had?   Answer Question
    • Have you done any projects/work related to your major?   Answer Question

Strucural Engineer Interview

Interview

Hired on as a co-op and interviewed for that position. There were two interviews. One with a talent acquisition person and another with a panel of 5 individuals. The first interview ended with the choice of which areas one would like to choose for work based on availability. After passing the first interview process, about two weeks passed and I was scheduled for another interview with the panel. This interview was more conversational.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting platform and on company website. Interviewed on campus. Did not pass first interview round. Second round would have been a panel interview with several managers (not sure if they told applicants there would be more than one interviewer). I heard that the second round also had no technical questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baxley, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Baxley, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 and half month - interviewed at Southern Company in April 2014. A panel of 3 people interview me. Got a call the next day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were ask. Nothing difficult, just be sure to be detail about it and try to give examples that goes with what you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Project Controls Interview

Interview

Really just a phone interview. We talked about football and a few more things. My boss was a really big football fan (SEC country of course). He asked me a few questions about my resume and experience. I feel like we really connected but this was a huge project he was working on. Overall went great.

Interview Questions

• If you could play any football position, what would it be?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Biloxi, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Recruiters attended the university career fair. You spoke with them, went to an information session, and then went through initials interviews (very easy, straight forward ESPECIALLY if you had spoken to them a lot at the info session). Then went to second round interviews and they selected from there.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inverness, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Inverness, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Must pass SASS clerical tests to be considered

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Interview

Submit application online. It may take days, weeks or even months before you are contacted for an interview. The reason for the delay is that sometimes there is a freeze on hiring, change of managerment / direction. The interview consists of a selection committee: the hiring manager, team members, peer and HR representative