Southern Company Training Developer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern Company in August 2011.

I applied to this position 1 month prior to receiving an email about their interest in me. I received an email that asked me a few questions about my background and interest in the position. The questions were rather simple and they also requested more samples of my work. So it was pretty much an email interview. One week later, I was invited in for a face to face,but they also sent me 2 questions in preparation for the interview. Little did I know when i got there that it would consist of a panel interview. And this was my first panel interview ever. Typically, I am used to interviews with the potential boss and a team member. This interview was difficult and unfair. None of the panel understood my skills or how they would relate to the projects. The panel was about 12 people and 2 from HR. These same people were interviewing linemen(thats people who send power to your homes). You cant have the same people interviewing linemen that interview a flash developer. 2 different types of people and skills. This interview was so uncomfortable. You are in a small room-seriously and surrounded by 12 people. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE and unfair. Intimidating environment. At most, I shouldve at least had a 1 on 1 with the potential boss.

Interview Questions
  • How would you hande a situation in which you cant meet the customer deadline?   Answer Question
  • Give a situation in which you did not know the answer to the question?what did you do?   Answer Question