Southern Illinois University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

2.5

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

Very complimentary job interview process. Non-biased and very inclusive staff. There were several opportunities that were presented to me in regards to promotion, as well as substantial opportunities to build on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to start today?   1 Answer

Office Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Apply on-line at school website. Make an account. Fill out an online application. Find the job you are applying for then submit your information. Find out the testing date for your job and set up an appointment with HR. When job closes and you are picked, the specific department calls for an interview -- they have to have a minimum of three applicants. If they are not happy with the first three then they recieve the next three. etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None unless you are Faculty

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

Graduate assistant is just for graduate students in the school of medicine. Preparing the GRE Scores and transcripts, personal statement and application fee. The interview is via skype or phone if you are international applicants.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southern Illinois University in August 2012.

Interview

It was a casual interview with basic working questions asked. I was called for an initial interview and was informed that I would know after all the interviews were over. She called before the weekend. It was professional and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What is your supervisory experience?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The chair talk to you first, then you have a short test and background check.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied, and was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The day after the phone interview, I received a call to offer me the job. It was a very quick process, although the paperwork took a while to come through.

Interview Questions

• How do you teach to students with a variety of skill sets and backgrounds?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate.

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southern Illinois University in April 2010.

Interview

There was a 2 day interview process. Interviewed with all staff and faculty for program. Also, interviewed with Program Chair, School Dean, and HR Director. There was a teaching presentation. The interview members were both in person and on a telecom system. The organization paid for all travel expenses (for the interview).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Standard university paper application process, phone interview, on-campus interview. Met Dean, Chair, faculty, and current students.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was willing to have lunch regularly with the other faculty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Annoying. I refused to accept the position until I received a salary offer. This seemed to be a baffling request for the college administrators. Finally, the Dean came up with a dollar amount. Took about two weeks. I know the other faculty had a negative view of me at first because of that; who knows how the reason for the delay was conveyed to them? But who takes a job w/o finding out what the pay offer is?!

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was very easy and simple. The supervisor asked me about myslef and why i thought i was fit for the job. The supervisor was looking for a person who was interesting, great communiation skills and could get along with the people in the department. She was also looking for a person who knew computer systems like excel and word. It was very simply and short.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

The process was basic and involved multiple stages. The group interview was simple and basically checked your personality. The individual interviews were more personal and involved problem solving skills. The questions were very basic and you merely needed to answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• What type of tree would you be if you could be any type?   Answer Question