Southern New Hampshire University

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Southern New Hampshire University.

Happens really fast! You could have a phone interview on Monday, an in-person interview Wednesday, a follow up Friday and then hear Friday! The panel interviews are with the people who would be your direct managers, which is good but also tough because they aren't experienced interviewers, so you have to know how to tell them what you want them to know, even if they don't ask about it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you apply customer service approach to academia?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southern New Hampshire University in October 2014.

One phone screen with hiring manager, then onsite interview with director, peers (group session) and hiring manager. Friendly people, easy interview. Focused on technical skills, and not the default interview questions (what's your biggest mistake, etc)

Interview Questions
    • What are you like? (director was aiming to find out if I would call out a lot, or be late often)   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

The initial in-person interview went well enough; many questions centered around situational specifics (i.e. what would you do if...) scenarios. The interviewers appeared professional and business-like. Prior experience in the field may not be necessary.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to prepare for this interview today?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southern New Hampshire University.

Met with each member of the team before I was offered the position. Was asked more about ideas than about why I left my previous position which is great! Was told about special projects and the opportunities to advance.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions dealt with having to continuously having to prove myself during each phase of the interviews.   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

when applying to snhu in the advising department there are three innitial steps. A phone screening, 2nd interview in person, final interview with leadership. The 2nd interview is key, this is where they make the decision. Make sure you dress appropriately

Interview Questions
    • the questions are framed in a way to make you think. Do not show that they confuse you, do not show frustration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Southern New Hampshire University in February 2014.

1. I applied online
    2. I got an email about doing a phone interview
    3. Phone Interview
    4. In person interview (3 person panel)
    5. Final approval email with the assistant director of advising.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked this question twice: "What would your ideal workplace look like?" I think they're looking for what kind of culture you expect.   View Answer

Adjunct Faculty Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University.

Filled out application online, got email response setting up phone interview, interviewer was impressed with prior experience and experience with LMS platforms. Sent in application for courses to teach, heard nothing back for over a month. When I inquired to the interviewer about my status, was told they were researching the issue, then got a generic HR email rejecting my application. Very unprofessional and not a way someone with over 10+ years in higher education online would expect to be treated by a University that touts itself so much on TV.

Adjunct Faculty Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Southern New Hampshire University in January 2014.

They sat on my resume for something like 6 months and then did the interview. Very easy questions was seemingly hired, wasted a bunch of time on their unpaid training, filled out forms, signed off on a background check and never heard another word ever. This was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • None, just say you love to help students pass their class and you will get the job but read the reviews here - you may not want the job.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Adjunct Professor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience, classroom management style, experience with specific LMS platforms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern New Hampshire University in July 2013.

Applied online from SNHU website. Received preliminary call back a week later, then in person interview. Interview held with team of three (team lead and two others). Positive, comfortable atmosphere. Multiple interviews were being held at the same time. Very quick, easy interview, nothing out of the ordinary question wise. Was given the feeling they knew exactly the type of candidate they were looking for without much flexibility.