Southern States Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern States

Cashier Interview

There is a phone call, then there is a requirement to meet in person with store manager. There is an interview explaining yourself and what qualifications and experience you have while also stating what you can bring to the company and business. Then there is a tour of the building and meeting employers. Next, you will fill out paper work and then begin work.

Interview Questions
    • Why should Southern States choose you?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern States in March 2013.

Phone interview, face to face interview, personality test, and presentation to managers about why they should hire you. Process was less than 2 weeks long. Work culture was great, Managers starting from the top down really care about employees. Be prepared to answer questions about your experience and how you would add value to the team.

Interview Questions
    • How could you find new ways to create new business? What are some new strategies for creating new sales?   View Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southern States in July 2011.

Southern States was very professional. Communication was prompt and happened exactly according to the timeline I was given. The organization also communicated salary information up front. All of the employees I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I did not feel like I was a number while interviewing. I was treated with a great deal of respect. The people who interviewed me were interested in talking about communication strategy and not interested in talking about standard HR questions. It was one of the most engaging interviews I have ever had.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southern States in May 2010.

I applied online and was contacted by someone in human resources who set up an interview with the district manager at the Corporate Headquarters. Met the district manager and we discussed the position over lunch. Then we visited one of his stores. I had previously worked for this company nearly two decades ago and have patronixed their stores so I knew a little bit about them and their products.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked: "so are you married? You got any kids?"   View Answer
    • Interviewer asked: "Are you relocatable?"   View Answer

Service Interview

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Southern States in February 2011.

slow to respond and inadequate in their apporach

Interview Questions

Worked for Southern States? Contribute to the Community!