Southern States

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern States in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face to face interview, personality test, and presentation to managers about why they should hire you. Process was less than 2 weeks long. Work culture was great, Managers starting from the top down really care about employees. Be prepared to answer questions about your experience and how you would add value to the team.

Interview Question – How could you find new ways to create new business? What are some new strategies for creating new sales?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Southern States

Interview Details – There is a phone call, then there is a requirement to meet in person with store manager. There is an interview explaining yourself and what qualifications and experience you have while also stating what you can bring to the company and business. Then there is a tour of the building and meeting employers. Next, you will fill out paper work and then begin work.

Interview Question – Why should Southern States choose you?   View Answer

Communications Interview

Communications
Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southern States in July 2011.

Interview Details – Southern States was very professional. Communication was prompt and happened exactly according to the timeline I was given. The organization also communicated salary information up front. All of the employees I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I did not feel like I was a number while interviewing. I was treated with a great deal of respect. The people who interviewed me were interested in talking about communication strategy and not interested in talking about standard HR questions. It was one of the most engaging interviews I have ever had.

Interview Question – What would you add to our current strategy?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southern States in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by someone in human resources who set up an interview with the district manager at the Corporate Headquarters. Met the district manager and we discussed the position over lunch. Then we visited one of his stores. I had previously worked for this company nearly two decades ago and have patronixed their stores so I knew a little bit about them and their products.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked: "so are you married? You got any kids?"   View Answer
  • Interviewer asked: "Are you relocatable?"   View Answer

Service Interview

Service

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Southern States in February 2011.

Interview Details – slow to respond and inadequate in their apporach

Interview Question – How long did it take you to get here   Answer Question

Worked for Southern States? Contribute to the Community!