Southern Union

Candidate Interview Review

Senior Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southern Union in September 2008.

It was a three and a half hour interview process. It started with a one on one with an HR rep. I got the standard company history and employee benefits speech. I was then quoted a proposed salary and bonus plan which was a lot better than I had hoped.Then I interviewed with whom would be my direct supervisor. I then was escorted to another interview with one my supervisor's peers that I would also be working with. From there it moved on to my supervisor's supervisor the Vice President. It was a very long morning but each interviewer made things very comfortable. I didn't get a lot of "test "questions, they knew my background from my resume'. Each interviewer was more interested in me as a person and how it came to be that I was interviewing for this position. By the time I had returned home, there was a message on my answering machine to call the HR dept. I returned the call and was offered the postion. I made arrangements to meet with HR and schedule my drug screening the very next day. During my second meeting with HR I was told that the original salary & benefits offer had changed. The offer now would be $5,000 more annually and an additional week of vacation.

Interview Questions
    • The standard - Why would I be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiatate during my process. The company offered more than I could have hoped for. I considered the offer more than generous.