Southern Wine & Spirits

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews. They asked specific questions on how I would handle situations - for example, what if a buyer is threatening to pull your products because of price - how would you respond? I was interviewed by the hiring manager, division manager, and VP. The culture was not obvious in the interview, but later found it to be catty and cliquey.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a question that was too difficult. They were your basic questions about sales, experience, how I've handled things in the past, what are my biggest strengths and weaknesses, what were some of my success stories, what was something that I wish I had done differently, why should they hire me over everyone else, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They ask you what you made in your previous jobs when you apply, so they have that information already. Shoot high, because they will work you to the bone.

Interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits

Interview Details – Single interview with General Sales Manager. Lasted one hour, followed up by an additional phone conversation that led to an offer for employment. Quick process, people were all very friendly. I would recommend reading up on their portfolio vs their competitors before going into the interview. Also express a passion for sales.

Interview Question – Largest challenged faced at previous job   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits.

Interview Details – Recruited out of college by E&J Gallo so my experience is different than the normal SWS interview process. Normally there is at least 2 or 3 interviews. Initial meeting interview at a college recruiting event, which is your only time to make a good impression to get a second interview. Followed by the second interview and then the third, which is normally at the distributor or they take you out to a nice restaurant in the city to wine and dine you.

Interview Question – General sales questions about how would you convince a customer to buy if they've already said no. Strengths and weakness, best attributes, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits.

Interview Details – multiple interviews, long wait between

Interview Question – what is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Sales Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits in December 2009.

Interview Details – i do not remember

Interview Question – Why should we hire you for this position   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern Wine & Spirits

Worked for Southern Wine & Spirits? Contribute to the Community!

Southern Wine & Spirits – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Corporate Vision To be the leading distributor of beverage alcohol— creating superior value for all tiers of the industry. Our Mission Providing superior business solutions that drive growth and value for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern Wine & Spirits Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Southern Wine & Spirits employees and interview candidates.