Southern Wine & Spirits

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

At a career fair at my university they first talked to everyone who was waiting in line. We then were each selected upon their choice as to whether or not we would receive an interview in the later time slot. After the interview few were invited to the Company's meet and greet.

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Wine & Spirits

Sales Representative Interview

phone interview, a few follow up interviews. process took about a month. The lady who runs hr was very friendly and made me feel at ease with interview process. She even called her son in the middle of it to ask about his band, because i played bass.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits.

I went through 3 interviews. They asked specific questions on how I would handle situations - for example, what if a buyer is threatening to pull your products because of price - how would you respond? I was interviewed by the hiring manager, division manager, and VP. The culture was not obvious in the interview, but later found it to be catty and cliquey.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a question that was too difficult. They were your basic questions about sales, experience, how I've handled things in the past, what are my biggest strengths and weaknesses, what were some of my success stories, what was something that I wish I had done differently, why should they hire me over everyone else, etc.   Answer Question
    They ask you what you made in your previous jobs when you apply, so they have that information already. Shoot high, because they will work you to the bone.

Sales Representative Interview

Single interview with General Sales Manager. Lasted one hour, followed up by an additional phone conversation that led to an offer for employment. Quick process, people were all very friendly. I would recommend reading up on their portfolio vs their competitors before going into the interview. Also express a passion for sales.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits.

Recruited out of college by E&J Gallo so my experience is different than the normal SWS interview process. Normally there is at least 2 or 3 interviews. Initial meeting interview at a college recruiting event, which is your only time to make a good impression to get a second interview. Followed by the second interview and then the third, which is normally at the distributor or they take you out to a nice restaurant in the city to wine and dine you.

Interview Questions
    • General sales questions about how would you convince a customer to buy if they've already said no. Strengths and weakness, best attributes, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits.

multiple interviews, long wait between

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits in December 2009.

i do not remember