Southern Wine & Spirits of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Syosset, NY).

Interview

Met with General Manager and Director of Sales on two occasions and was asked a series of questions about my wine knowledge, desire to join their team, what I thought my strengths would be going into an industry like the wine business.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

The interview literally only lasted 15 minutes and it was just a one on one interview with the regional manager. During our fifteen minutes he just asked me three questions and then explained the job.

Interview Questions

• How many times a day or week would you contact your manager? Why do you wanna work for Southern Wine and Spirits?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

One on one interview with supervisor, typical questions were asked. Wait a week or so and go back in for a second interview that becomes more personal and ask you questions to see if there is a familiarity between you and them.

Interview Questions

Interview

After a phone screen with the company's HR I had a phone interview with a head of solution delivery who I think is not an employee but rather a consultant at the company. The interview seemed to go reasonably well until he told me that he has been looking for a candidate for the past six months. That's usually not a good sign. Anyway, after that call ended I never heard from them again. My email to the recruiter remained unanswered. A simple "Thank you but no Thank you" would have been more appropriate in this instance.

Chain Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Union City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

ask a series of six questions, then is you pass that then you move on to the about the position phase of the interview. Still in the process. They don't seem very organized as I just heard from another hiring manager, but from another division, about a different job. He had no contact with the other contacts in the organization.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you were creative   1 Answer
    • Explain a time you messed up and how did you fix the situation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America in August 2015.

Interview

Had a first interview. Very laid back process. One on one interview with a second person in the room taking notes. Lasted about an hour. Only asked four questions, but all were multi tiered and required extensive answers.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a time when a customer was won over and sold. How did you do it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

Fairly easy, no hard hitting questions. 2 people were in the office interviewing me and explaining what the job entails and asked about my past experience in the industry. They made me feel very comfortable and it felt more like a conversation than an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Tampa, FL).

Interview

well a trip to Tampa and after about 15 questions and after you are hired you have to ride with a truck driver , to learn what it's all about..

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Southern...   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The process doesn't seems to me very professional. I have been interviewed by two people, according to the questions evidence they haven't read my resume previously. Previously they ask me to send a sample WBS, but what they expected was a Project Schedule and they hadn't reviewed this information previosly. So they weren't familiar with the PM terminology. The question were quite general but they expected to get answers focuses on their context, without any previous explanation. Instead of having a job interview was more like having a interrogation, so they didn't make me feel confortable. The attitude was like: "We are going to decide if we are going to make you the favor of giving you this job". They are looking for PMP people but in the mean time we are re-inventing the wheel with Project Management processes.

Interview Questions

• What version of your MS Project are you using?   1 Answer
    • What methodology do you have more experience?   1 Answer
    • Describe what are the main step you carry out from the beginning to the end of the project and the main deliverables   1 Answer
    • If you have to take 4-projects because other project manager left the company, what are your first steps?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was one on one with a sales manager. Very laid back, informative and pleasant. Nothing like other interviews I had been to. No canned questions (what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc). He answered a lot of my questions concerning the position, company hierarchy and how to handle some difficult scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job requires of you?   1 Answer