Southwest Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Dispatcher Interview

Assistant Dispatcher
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process for me consisted of three parts. The first part was a phone interview - this was pretty easy, just talking to someone in HR. From there I was asked to come up to take a test and fill out a job application. Southwest did fly me up and back for this. I initially thought the test would be graded right away and if you passed, you would go to the next step in the interview process, but this was not the case. I took the test and filled out the application, and was told they'd get back to me. I evidently passed the test because I did get called back for an interview about a week later, and they flew me up to Dallas once again. However, I was very unimpressed with this interview - it seemed rushed, only taking about 30 minutes, and they did not even take me for a tour of the office I would have been working in. I've worked in this field a long time for several different airlines and this is only the second time I didn't get to take a tour of the work area - that was a big negative for me. Perhaps if they are impressed with you then they offer you a tour, I'm not sure. Anyhow, after all of this process, when I got the email telling me I wasn't selected, it wasn't even addressed to me personally - rather sent out by an HR assistant with the header "Dear Assistant Dispatch Candidate." After all the time I put into the process I felt like they could have at least addressed me by my name.

Interview Question – If the weather has gone down at your destination and the flight was dispatched without an alternate, what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Airlines

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines Assistant Dispatcher interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees and interview candidates.