Southwest Airlines

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communications Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

I applied online, which requires a resume and Why Southwest essay. Then, I was contacted regarding a phone interview. The phone interview lasted more about a half an hour. It was with one person and mostly reviewed my resume to make sure of its authenticity as well as explored my career goals. I made it to the final round, in which they fly you to headquarters, but I was studying abroad and therefore had another phone interview. They warned me that it put me at disadvantage. It was almost an hour and there were about five people listening and asking questions. At this point, there were people representing different internship positions.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you pick your major/why is communications important   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Applied online, received follow-up a few weeks later asking me to send a "Why Southwest?" essay and a current resume. After that, was contacted for a phone interview and then was flown to Dallas for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions