Southwest Airlines Culture Activities Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 people. It was a basic interview, nothing too difficult. It was more conversational and no behavioral/situational questions. They wanted to know more about yourself and why they should pick you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Be able to answer "why we should pick you" question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

You submit an application online about 9 months before the semester that you are applying for. A few months later I was asked for an essay about "why southwest." Then more waiting and I got called from hr for a phone interview, I was then asked to interview in person. They flew me to Dallas. About a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked open ended behavioral questions that would be hard if you dont have specific examples. Know your story!   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online near the application due date. You just submit your resume online (so it needs to make you stand-out!). About a week later, I received an email asking for my "Why I want to work for Southwest Airlines" essay. Again, you need to make yourself stand-out! Once my essay was submitted, there was a phone interview. During the phone interview, you go over your resume and explain things in further detail. After that, I was scheduled to fly to Dallas for an in-person interview. When you have your flight set, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS YOUR FLIGHT. Arrive plenty early in case of anything unexpected occurrences happening. Once you get to Dallas, you take the Employee shuttle from the Airport to Headquarters. You fill out some paperwork and they do a fingerprint scan. Your recruiter, who you have been talking with, comes out and escorts you back to the interview room where it will be you, the recruiter, and your potential boss. The interview was much easier than I thought! You basically do the same thing and talk about the same things as your phone interview, but this time it is in front of your potential boss! They want to see your FUN-LUVing attitude, Warrior's Spirit, and Servant's Heart. If you don't have a lot of work experience, then they want to see Volunteer experience. On top of that, they want you to have FUN! Take that to mind when you go in for the interview. Yes, you need to be serious, but you can crack a joke here and there (if appropriate). So just be yourself and they will see that! If you don't receive an offer ask them what you can improve on and they will definitely tell you ways to improve!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview were the questions about "what have you done in this situation...". For example, I was asked, "what is an example where you took initiative to get things done without being told." There are lots of situational questions during the interview. Think about what your job requires and what it takes to be a good Employee and examples of how you have shown those things!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but if you get chosen as a Southwest Airlines Intern, then you should be happy with that!