Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Submitted my resume and application online 2) Within a couple days later I was emailed by a recruiter to complete some missing information (my full middle name) on my application and to give her a call back once I've done so. 3) I called her back, but no answer so I left a voicemail. Still no reply, so I called back the next morning and she answered and wanting to schedule a phone interview later that afternoon. 4) I completed the phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes, she was sounded a little monotonous but I'm assuming it was because she was busy typing notes, reviewing my past work history and listening to my responses simultaneous. Due to other candidates, she said she would call back within a week with a decision. 5) I received a call the following day and wanting to schedule a F2F interview in 2 days. 6) F2F interview at the airport with 2 recruiters from the People Department, both gentlemen were really nice and welcoming; one of the least intimidating interviews i've been on, mostly because i did my homework as well and expected all of the questions. 7) They had me wait outside my literally 1 minute and they came out with a decision to move me forward in the process and made it clear that it was not an "official" offer. They pointed me to the office where i get my fingerprints and badge information done. Also in the airport. 8) This was a Friday and the lady doing my fingerprints said that they will get back to me early next week. 9) Today is Monday and I got a call to schedule my drug testing. 10) Now I wait on pins and needles for all of my background to come back. (Not too worried, but I've heard that the background check is pretty thorough and lengthy.) **Overall the process was very fast compared to others that I have been reading; possibly due to the fact that I am a Veteran...? It's the waiting game that is ultimately the only hard part about the process, but definitely keeping my hopes up!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview April 21; Face 2 Face On May 6; Then Recieved A Letter Stating I Wasn't Choosen To Mov Foward But The Recruiters Stated I Was Definitely A Candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The Presets giving the interview was very warm and comforting the interview went very well I was just a series of questions to which they liked my answers and I was offered the job position

Interview Questions

• why should Southwest Airlines employee hire me   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took roughly 2-3 weeks. southwest background is NO JOKE' they are extremely thorough. I suggest you make sure everything that is on your resume can be verified & reflects what you put on the application. I was so excited going through the background process being flew out of state until a discrepancy with a job date, denied me. Wonderful company nonetheless. Best of luck

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Process begins with initial resume submission and upon screening by HR department, if skill set match the position, they will actually give you a phone call followed by an email. The first call basically was a congrats and that I was being considered for the position. Next, they scheduled a phone interview where they asked how would my skill set help the company. Also, they inquired about my customer service experience. Upon conclusion of the phone call, they indicated that I would be contacted regarding the next step in the process, which would entail a face to face interview. They contacted me in about three days via a phone call and email to arrange the interview. The interview took place two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experiences.   1 Answer
    • They asked me to describe the duties of the position.   Answer Question
    • When you walk into a business, name three things that stick out to you.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After about 3 weeks of applying I got an email that they were considering me. I had to fill out an intensive application. They called me few days after for a phone interview. after a week they said I passed the phone interview and would like to move me up to 1-on-1 interview. 1on1 interview took another 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• phone interview was relatively easy. why swa? and other customer service questions about situations with customers who were upset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Application I applied online April 11th, the entire process after being hired took about 4 weeks – interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL MDW) in April 2015. Interview The process begins with initial resume submission and upon screening by HR department, if skill set match the position, they will give you a phone call followed by an email. The first call basically was to congratulate you and said, that I was being considered for the position. Next, they scheduled a phone interview where they asked how my skill set would help the company. Also, they inquired about my previous customer service experience. Upon conclusion of the phone call, they indicated that I would be moving to the next step in the process, which would entail a face to face interview. The hiring process was quick. I applied in April, the phone interview was 2 weeks later, and face to face interview the following week. The f2f interview was great. There were 2 recruiters that interviewed me that day. The background check process took roughly 3-4 weeks. Southwest background check is “NO JOKE” they are extremely thorough. I suggest that you make sure everything that is on your resume can be verified & reflects what you put on the application. Just be yourself and wait patiently. Best of luck!

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was nervous about where the interview was going to be but luckily it's at the airport in which you are applying. Two people interviewed me, didn't mention their positions. The woman that was not wearing the Southwest uniform did most of the questioning but they were both really friendly. I know that the woman not wearing a uniform split her time between Orange County and Arizona. They are really friendly and silly and want you to be comfortable enough to answer truthfully! It isn't hard to engage in small talk with them as they are not stiff and just trying to fill out paperwork. They are trying to make sure you are good for the company and company mission. I applied in early March, interviewed last Tuesday on March 31 and took my drug test today (April 6) and am scheduled to go to fingerprinting. Flying out to Oakland Thursday (April 9)

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I was emailed about the fact that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was offered a F2F interview. I had the F2F today with a recruiter from Phoenix, the assistant base manager and a peer CSA. After interview they had me wait outside and then asked to have me fingerprinted Did not schedule me for a Drug Test yet. Said they did the fingerprinting to save time but that I had to have a strong interview to get to fingerprinting. Said she was hoping to let people know by next week who was accepted. Does anyone think that this means I will get an offer? I really want this job.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would deal with a coworker who was talking badly about someone/and or the company in the break room and how I would handle that.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online in December 2) Had over the phone interview in early January 3) Had F2F interview at the airport in early February 4) Less than a week later I found out I would move on in the process 5) In the couple of days following I got fingerprinted and went for a drug test 6) Almost a MONTH later found out I officially had the job!! No matter how frustrated you get with the process, just stay patient and positive!

Interview Questions

• Why southwest? How would you handle a mean customer? What sets you apart? Just be yourself! The interview was not set up to stump me, or screw me over! It just felt like a fun conversation, I walked out beaming. I think their main tactic is finding people who fit the culture of Southwest.   Answer Question