Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After about 3 weeks of applying I got an email that they were considering me. I had to fill out an intensive application. They called me few days after for a phone interview. after a week they said I passed the phone interview and would like to move me up to 1-on-1 interview. 1on1 interview took another 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• phone interview was relatively easy. why swa? and other customer service questions about situations with customers who were upset.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I was emailed about the fact that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was offered a F2F interview. I had the F2F today with a recruiter from Phoenix, the assistant base manager and a peer CSA. After interview they had me wait outside and then asked to have me fingerprinted Did not schedule me for a Drug Test yet. Said they did the fingerprinting to save time but that I had to have a strong interview to get to fingerprinting. Said she was hoping to let people know by next week who was accepted. Does anyone think that this means I will get an offer?
    I really want this job.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would deal with a coworker who was talking badly about someone/and or the company in the break room and how I would handle that.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the following day. Interviewer asked me to finish answering more questions online and he will call back upon my completion. He called me back the next day for the phone interview. At the end of the interview he told me that they will send an email for f2f interview. 2days later I received an email saying that they decided to go with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was nervous about where the interview was going to be but luckily it's at the airport in which you are applying.

Two people interviewed me, didn't mention their positions. The woman that was not wearing the Southwest uniform did most of the questioning but they were both really friendly. I know that the woman not wearing a uniform split her time between Orange County and Arizona.

They are really friendly and silly and want you to be comfortable enough to answer truthfully! It isn't hard to engage in small talk with them as they are not stiff and just trying to fill out paperwork. They are trying to make sure you are good for the company and company mission.

I applied in early March, interviewed last Tuesday on March 31 and took my drug test today (April 6) and am scheduled to go to fingerprinting. Flying out to Oakland Thursday (April 9)

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online in December
    2) Had over the phone interview in early January
    3) Had F2F interview at the airport in early February
    4) Less than a week later I found out I would move on in the process
    5) In the couple of days following I got fingerprinted and went for a drug test
    6) Almost a MONTH later found out I officially had the job!!

No matter how frustrated you get with the process, just stay patient and positive!

Interview Questions

• Why southwest?
      How would you handle a mean customer?
      What sets you apart?

Just be yourself! The interview was not set up to stump me, or screw me over! It just felt like a fun conversation, I walked out beaming. I think their main tactic is finding people who fit the culture of Southwest.

Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Was called for the phone interview, the people who interview you on the phone don't work specifically for Southwest so expect a very dry tone. Speak clearly and take your time because they will misinterpret things you have said, I was then moved on to Face-Face interview (no pressure just smile and be bubbly), and then was given a verbal offer for the job

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are difficult, just alot of customer service questions to prove you can handle working in a busy environment   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (New Orleans, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

I left a post about 2 weeks ago. In my post I mentioned that I had no offer 2 weeks after the face to face interview. I have an update. Apparently I'm still being considered, because a few days after posting my review on here I got an email saying they were going to fly me out to Orlando for fingerprinting. I've now done my drug test and I was told at the fingerprinting that if the employment verification checks out, I should hear back from them (with or without a job offer) in about 4 to 5 weeks. So from the time I applied for the position until 4 to 5 weeks from now, the entire process will be about 4 months long. I realize this industry involves the FAA and Homeland Security/TSA, and they have to make sure their employees don't have "shady" backgrounds, but this is taking a very long time. You have to be patient if you are in the same situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Interview

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions

• Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

Negotiation

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.