Southwest Airlines

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Agent Interview

they let unexperienced supervisors do the interviews

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions
    • Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question
    No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Applied online, maybe a month later got an email asking to send resume and the best phone number to be reached at. The next morning I got a phone call with simple questions about my past work experience, why Southwest, and what do customer service agents do... I'm guessing to see if you know about the position you applied for. After that she said she would give me a call in a week to let me know because she had other interviews to do but to my surprise she called me back in a couple of hours to set up a F2F interview. The interview was for the following week and I had to bring my drivers license, social security card and GED. Was a one on one interview but there was the manager sitting in the room from the airport you would be working at. Was a little nervous because she didn't ask question but she looked at you the whole time while you answered questions. Once again simple questions like why Southwest, the time you had to deal with an angry customer, and the time you went out your way to help a co worker. She also went over my work experience again. Interview only lasted about 10mins, she then made copies of my papers and let me know either way if I got the job or not I would receive a email or a phone call letting me know. They held interviews the day before and would be doing it all day that day so nobody got a straight yes or no, its just a wait and see. Either a rejection email or a email asking you to come in for fingerprints and drug test. So now I just sit and wait and hope for the best. I want the job but so do 100s of other people. I have no idea how many people they want and what kinda people they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the only unexpected question was what was my weakness.. I had to really stop and think about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   View Answer
    None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2010.

First, informal telephone interview. After that I was invited to a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two people and asked a series of questions. The whole interview process is very relaxed. We were laughing throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did I like most about my current job.   View Answer
    I haven't gotten that far. They did tell me what the salary is, said someone will be flying in from Dallas to make an offer, and when they make the offer, whatever it is, I WILL TAKE IT.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

I applied online and got an email a day later. They noticed my application and wanted to hold a phone interview, They had me come in for an interview a day later. They said they will let me know in a week if I'm chosen. I got an email the same day wanting me to go do a drug test. Two days I was hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for there was a set hourly rate.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2011.

I applied online and about a week later I got a phone call from SWA. The lady on the phone went over the salary and job description. She then asked "why I wanted to work for SWA" after that she asked if I wanted to do a 1:1. I accepted and a week later I interviewed. The interview process was fast, get you in and get you out. I was there for an hour and saw 5 people come in and out and they were interviewing for 2 days. The interview-1:1 the interview had my resume and read over it and asked the usual, "tell me a little more about this job and that job." The questions I was asked was. "why do you want to work for SWA & out of all you jobs what was your least favorite and why & have you flown with SWA?" other than that just a lot of small talk and laughing. After that they took copies of my diploma and ID's and fingerprinted me. Like I said it was a very fast process and was in and out, not the funny crazy fun time I was expecting, but hey they are busy I understand. They said they would get back to me in 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2011.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Filled out an online application, and received a call from an internal recruiter for a phone screening which lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer asked standard questions about my work background and explained the basics of the job requirements. While still on the phone with me she asked me if I would be available for an in-person interview the following week.

The in person interview was with the station manager and two recruiters. They all asked standard questions about my background and work experience. They asked for lots of stories and examples of previous times you've solved a problem creatively, or dealt with an unhappy customer.

I think the most important thing to remember when interviewing for this position is to make sure you show your outgoing and fun personality. I know that interviewers disqualify people based on this. The culture at SWA is very important to the company, so make sure you prepare some fun/funny stories to impress on that end.

After the panel interview I went a couple weeks without hearing back, but was finally asked to fly to Dallas to be fingerprinted and have a drug screen at a local screening place.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview with no difficult questions, just be prepared with stories of past customer service experiences and be a bit bubbly.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Union position, so you are on a standard pay scale. To start was $11.50 if I remember right.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bwi Airport, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bwi Airport, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Applied for FT Customer Service Rep at DCA, about a month and a half ago. Received a phone call to phone interview on 4/14. Phone interview was very easy! Majority questions about my previous work history. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to go to BWI for a F2F interview on 4/28.
    *F2F*
    The face to face interview was very easy as well. Interviewed with the recruiter who did my phone interview. The manager from DCA was also in the room but she didn't ask any questions, just listened. The interview was very fun and relaxed. The recruiter made me feel so comfortable because she was outgoing and enthusiastic. She asked about my work history again and asked behavioral questions as well. I answered all questions in star format. At the end of the interview the recruiter and manager from DCA stepped out to make a copy of my 2 forms of ID and college transcripts. When they stepped back in the room I was offered the job! Did my fingerprints and drug test the same day. Now all I'm waiting on is my background check to clear. (Not worried about that because I'm an angel lol) Does anybody know how long the background check process is? How long before training starts? I'm really anxious and excited to start :)!

Interview Questions
    • How do you have fun at work?
      How would you tell a customer no?

Answer Question