Southwest Airlines

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

Applied online via Southwest website. Recruiter contacted me for an unscheduled brief phone interview. During phone interview: I was asked about call center experience, informed of salary starting at $10.80hr + union dues and work hours-schedule varies between 5:00AM-3:00AM, shifts based on seniority. Face to face interview scheduled. During in person interview: asked about handling irate customers, how I build rapport with co-workers, handle constructive criticism, multi tasking, delivering bad news to customer. Offered position immediately following interview, drug test, extensive background check with 10 years work experience. Background check lasted 2 weeks before job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe situation where you had to deliver bad news and how did you satisfy customer?   View Answer
I was not able to negotiate due to union base starting pay. Benefits offered are good parents and dependents fly free on standby, overtime paid at time and 1/2 only if required by supervisor. Regular hourly salary paid if overtime consists of picking up co-worker shift. Responsible for cost of headset $50.00.