Southwest Airlines

2.9

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Network Engineer (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

A recruiter submitted my resume and I was initially told they were not interested. However two weeks later, the hiring manager (HM) wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview went well and took about 30 minutes. Before the call was over, the HM requested an in person interview for the next day. The next day, I met with the HM and a senior member of the network team. They asked me about my experience as shown on my resume. Also, asked me about my knowledge of different equipment in use as Southwest. I was very honest about my skillset strengths and weaknesses. About an hour after the interview I received a call from the recruiter offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. I was very comfortable with my knowledge and limitations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as the rate was set prior to the interview.

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Airworthiness Directive Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview process went well. Received a call in Mid July to do an in person interview in Dallas TX for the Airworthiness Compliance Internship for Fall 2014. Interview process starts the minute you check in at the airport so be sure to be courteous and friendly to everyone you meet. Flew down on July 25. Flight and hotel arrangements were all taken care of by Southwest and went smoothly. Interview was at 3.45 in the afternoon and lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were pretty standard nothing out of the ordinary. Daniel Riskey from HR and 2 of the AD Compliance managers were the interviewers. This is usually the structure, 1 person from HR and 1 or 2 from the specific department. They asked about things on my resume and to go into more detail about them. Interview was very relaxed and casual. Questions weren't scripted but more in response to what you stated on your resume and personality. Best advice I could say is just relax. I went in pretty nervous and interview felt like it went by really quickly. Calm down, stop, and take a breath if you need to. The interviewers understand and will let you pause and think. Be sure to send thank you notes both to HR and the people who helped setup hotel and flight arrangements. I received a call about 4-5 days following the interview. If you accept be sure to be very detailed with your background check information and have W2's and paystubs available to expedite any verification problems that may arrise.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what I dressed as last Halloween to get a sense of my personality   Answer Question
    Be sure you complete your background check information in as detailed as possible. Have W2's or paystubs available in case they have problems verifying.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Received a letter to come for an interview....I had one interview and was hired that day. Went for drug screening and was called for a class date a month later.

Take whatever they offer if you want the job.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

I applied online in May 2014 and received a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. Did the telephone interview and I told them I had a morning part time job. The whole time I go through both interview processes they never said I had to quit to job. If you have another job it could possibly conflict with this one so be careful. The whole process took a month which is very fast. I accepted a part-time position but on the first day of training was offered full-time.

Material Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Simple, behavioral, resume driven. They asked more about my previous work, project I did, challenges I faced, How can i help them,why southwest airlines. Which skills I have, do i have airline background, from when I can start

Airline Pilot (First Officer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Fantastic process and people conducting the interviews. Really tried to sell their company to you as much as you were trying to sell yourself to them. Three part interview - Panel (one HR person and a pilot), Logbook review (one pilot), Line Oriented Interview 7 min scenario (two pilots). Great brief before it started by their Director of Hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied with any other airline? (Tough question because you don't want to say yes, but being honest is important to me)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

You pretty much have to know somebody in the group your applying for be a contractor

Interview Questions
    • Interview was fairly standard and not very technical. They try to fit your personality more than your knowledge.   Answer Question
    brief and any changes have to filter though 3 level of management.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Had two phone interviews and then was flown to Dallas. I was asked to write a response e-mail to a customer scenario and then did an interview with two managers. Interview was great! Both managers were super friendly and did lots to put me at ease. They were easy going and made the interview fun.