Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Denver, CO

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.8

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard and simple. Applied and got a call about a week later and did a 10 minute phone screen which ended with scheduling a face to face a couple days later. After my face to face got the offer 2 days later and began my background and drug screen

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the normal set of interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Standard starting rate for everyone and I am new to the industry so didn't expect anything else.

Ramp Agent Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Horrible. I was the 15th or 16th potential applicant that day. The interviewer was curt and rude towards me. She clearly wasn't having a good day. She spent more time talking at me than to me. The ramp representative that sat in on the interview fell asleep while I was talking. He didn't wake up until his cell phone rang.

They'll take your background info (social security number, address, etc.) knowing they don't plan on hiring you. You have to just trust that they'll destroy your background documentation if you're not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I was told, "I'm the one asking the questions. Please keep quiet until after the initial interview." Despite having airline experience, I knew after that comment, I didn't want the job. I'll remain a loyal customer and let someone else fight over the $10/hr job. It's not worth it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online included my resume. I received a call from the company and was asked if I had time to do a short phone interview. I was also sent an email with some questions to answer like address of where I have lived the last ten years. The person that interviewed me was very friendly. He asked why I would like to work for the company. He asked how much I knew about the position and what duties I would have. He asked if I had any questions for him. Very nice conversation.

Interview Questions

• Reason I want to work at company   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got a phone call from SWA. The lady on the phone went over the salary and job description. She then asked "why I wanted to work for SWA" after that she asked if I wanted to do a 1:1. I accepted and a week later I interviewed. The interview process was fast, get you in and get you out. I was there for an hour and saw 5 people come in and out and they were interviewing for 2 days. The interview-1:1 the interview had my resume and read over it and asked the usual, "tell me a little more about this job and that job." The questions I was asked was. "why do you want to work for SWA & out of all you jobs what was your least favorite and why & have you flown with SWA?" other than that just a lot of small talk and laughing. After that they took copies of my diploma and ID's and fingerprinted me. Like I said it was a very fast process and was in and out, not the funny crazy fun time I was expecting, but hey they are busy I understand. They said they would get back to me in 3 weeks.