Southwest Airlines

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Southwest FA hiring process is more interested in getting to know you. It's very relaxed. It's a panel of 3 that includes FA, FA Supervisor, and Recruiter. Pretty much ask questions based on the Star Format

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really difficult, interview was more like a conversation. I was asked why I wanted to be a Flight Attendant.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Received a letter to come for an interview....I had one interview and was hired that day. Went for drug screening and was called for a class date a month later.

Take whatever they offer if you want the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initial Phone call interview, if passed, they will invite you to a group interview with 25+ people. They are asking questions and going around the room. They are talking turns talking with everyone. They will leave the room and watch you on video from another room to see how you interact. They are looking for outgoing talkative people. Look sharp! Ladies wear a suit too! Look like a flight attendant! Full hair and Make up. Guys look shgarp! No facial hair. Short hair, clean cut. You SHOULD know that day if they send you to the next step. They may ask you to stay for a one on one, or they will call you back in for a one on on. Don't worry if you don't find out that day. If you don't hear from them in a week. You most likely didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • They use STAR system so be PREPARED! They ask random quesations like tell me about a most difficult customer exprience, most irate customer and how you handled it. They want people who don't need conatant supervision and can get along well with others. NO AND LOW DRAMA. They are focusing on your customer service skills!   Answer Question
    They offered me the inflight class with pay , 30 days in Dallas, three main meals are taken care of, snacks and laundry facilities are not. it was like $1000 total and you don't get paid until you leave. You arent gauranteed to get position until you graduate. Then thats when you get the offer. I think it now starts at $21 something an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Submitted resume online, got a call for a phone interview a few months later. Phone interview was very laid back and easy. Asked questions about my previous work experience, as well as why I left former jobs. They sent me on to the next step which was F2F interview. Southwest flies you to your interview and flies you back. Which is a plus in this industry! Interview was easy and laid back. Asked questions about why I want to be a FA, and work for Southwest, etc. Also asked to name a situation in which I had an angry customer and how did I handle it.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most challenging part of working as a Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Sent in resume December 2013 and received an email stating I would receive a call with in 2 a weeks. Received the call 3weeks later and it was the actual phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Vague question was" Tell me about customer service. ". Caught me off guard as there was nothing specific regarding the subject . I was informed that I would receive an email if I would go on to the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2014.

LA feb 2014 open house interview. 400 people showed up for open house. you had to go in front of 50 people and introduce yourself and say why you want to be FA. you have to appear very confident and happy and smile a lot. maybe 10 people got invited to F2F interview. Including the ones that crack the most jokes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2007.

I applied online by submitting my resume. I was notified via email to come to an informational interview which lasted the better part of one day. At the end of that time, I was asked to schedule a 1:1 interview. Several weeks later, I had my one on one interview which consisted of interviewing w/ two people individually. Within 24 hours, I was emailed an acceptance letter with details of training to follow.

The process from beginning to end was extremely efficient and thorough. SW has a very, very impressive Headquarters facility which I loved from the moment I walked through the door. Their legendary culture and atmosphere is EVERYWHERE and the feeling of being part of a family is real and sincere.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a problem with another coworker.   View Answer
    • cannot think of another toughie...all questions were situational in format... "tell me about a time when....."   Answer Question
    No, you take the deal offered and are grateful to work for one of the best companies in the world. SW is known for taking good care of their employees, plus, they are unionized. I am very happy and satisfied.