Southwest Airlines

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ramp Agent - HOU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2014.

I revevied a call from a recruiter in PHX, he like what I said about SWA and why I want to work for SWA. Later, recevied an email to attend a face to face interview at HOU. Interview went well, with two people. One with an HR Rep. and another with a Ramp Supervisor. Interview went well, both shocked on what I know about aviation. Before leaving, she did say it is a long process, this Friday will be two weeks. Hopfully I will recevie some good news and move forward with the SWA process. Anyone has info on the hiring process...

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

I applied online and then about 5 days later I get an unexpected phone call from them. Just like that I had a phone interview on my hands. A week goes by and a recruiter finally contacts me and sets up a face to face interview. I honestly think it went very good and smooth....we hsraed some laughs and I tried showing them I'm good to work with and down to earth.

I'm now currently waiting to see if I made it any further.....the recruiter has gone on a 2 week vacation (for the holidays), so if anything I may hear until January 2, 2014.....which makes sense because she did say if I get the position that I would get started in mid-January. (Hence giving me a 2 week notice chance)....but I'll have to wait and see.

Interview Questions
    • From all the airlines available to work in, why Southwest?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2013.

I submit my application online two months latter they call me and give me a phone interview then one week latter i went to the southwest headquarters to take a skills test after pass the test they fly me to the face to face interview , the interview was really hard because was infront 3 Sw maintenance managers and 1 HR guy

Interview Questions
    • They ask me alot of technical cuestions about the 737 flap system and 717 landing gear   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

You will start off with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple and ask basic's of the job you are applying for. Then will move onto group interview. My interview had 3 people in it. Also pretty straight forward.

Non-Negotiable.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2011.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Filled out an online application, and received a call from an internal recruiter for a phone screening which lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer asked standard questions about my work background and explained the basics of the job requirements. While still on the phone with me she asked me if I would be available for an in-person interview the following week.

The in person interview was with the station manager and two recruiters. They all asked standard questions about my background and work experience. They asked for lots of stories and examples of previous times you've solved a problem creatively, or dealt with an unhappy customer.

I think the most important thing to remember when interviewing for this position is to make sure you show your outgoing and fun personality. I know that interviewers disqualify people based on this. The culture at SWA is very important to the company, so make sure you prepare some fun/funny stories to impress on that end.

After the panel interview I went a couple weeks without hearing back, but was finally asked to fly to Dallas to be fingerprinted and have a drug screen at a local screening place.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview with no difficult questions, just be prepared with stories of past customer service experiences and be a bit bubbly.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Union position, so you are on a standard pay scale. To start was $11.50 if I remember right.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2010.

First, informal telephone interview. After that I was invited to a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two people and asked a series of questions. The whole interview process is very relaxed. We were laughing throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did I like most about my current job.   View Answer
    I haven't gotten that far. They did tell me what the salary is, said someone will be flying in from Dallas to make an offer, and when they make the offer, whatever it is, I WILL TAKE IT.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2010.

Applied on line and heard back in a few days and was given a very friendly and easy phone interview, then offered a face-to-face. Got to my interview 30 minutes early and still had to wait for an hour. Everyone was very friendly and nice, but the office was very dated and all the cubicles were packed together in tight rows. The interviewers were very friendly. I did some research before I went and learned that they receive over 200K resumes yearly and hire 1% of those. Two weeks later I got a denial email which again was very courteous. They are obviously very aware that everyone is a potential customer and try not to upset anyone. Casual and warm environment.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   View Answer