Southwest Airlines Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2014
Updated May 19, 2014

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Apply online, several months ahead of internship time. Phone interview followed up. Flying to Dallas on-site interview. Great atmosphere. Lovely people. Be prepared to talk about your resume and be yourself for unexpected questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Intern Interview

First Phone Interview, and one on one interview in HDQ, Dallas TX.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Typical behavioral interview, asked question like "what are strengths and weaknesses", and "what do you do in your free time." Also, spoke for quite some time about position and decision making process. Very scripted. Was told I might be flown out and asked for my drivers license info, next day received an email (not a personal one, sent to all who were rejected) saying I wasn't selected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2009.

Very personable phone (behavioral questions) interview. Flew back to headquarters for a subsequent interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the internship side :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Got a phone call from the HR department to setup a phone interview. The next day I received an email with further information about how the interview process would work. A few days later was my interview. The phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes, consisted of an explanation of the internship and benefits. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2012.

Interviewers and managers were looking for the following,
    1. Warrior Spirit
    2. Servants Heart
    3. Fun loving attitude

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2012.

Submitted online application, submitted updated resume and "Why Southwest" Essay. Phone interview, then you were flown down for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was very much a conversation, nothing out of the expected questions. Make sure when they ask your "weakness" you have one that does not infer with the jobs functions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Phone interview came first. A few questions about skills involved in the work, not tough. Then I was invited to an on-site interview.
    Before the interview there were some forms to fill, for background check. I was interviewed by HR and the supervisor of the dept I applied. Most questions were technical. They are friendly and considerate, but I did not find myself into this position actually...
    Suggestions: show your passion and your expertise! You must be an expert in the specific position you applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Phone interviews followed by in person interviews in Dallas with recruiter and members of department you will be working in.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for specific examples of hard skills I mentioned   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Questions
    • Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question