Southwest Airlines

Updated May 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details – Apply online, several months ahead of internship time. Phone interview followed up. Flying to Dallas on-site interview. Great atmosphere. Lovely people. Be prepared to talk about your resume and be yourself for unexpected questions.

Interview Question – know your resume!   Answer Question

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details – First Phone Interview, and one on one interview in HDQ, Dallas TX.

Interview Question – Why Southwest?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Interview Details – Typical behavioral interview, asked question like "what are strengths and weaknesses", and "what do you do in your free time." Also, spoke for quite some time about position and decision making process. Very scripted. Was told I might be flown out and asked for my drivers license info, next day received an email (not a personal one, sent to all who were rejected) saying I wasn't selected

Interview Question – What do you do in your free time?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very personable phone (behavioral questions) interview. Flew back to headquarters for a subsequent interview

Interview Question – Why Southwest   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the internship side :)

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the HR department to setup a phone interview. The next day I received an email with further information about how the interview process would work. A few days later was my interview. The phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes, consisted of an explanation of the internship and benefits. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewers and managers were looking for the following,
1. Warrior Spirit
2. Servants Heart
3. Fun loving attitude

Negotiation Details – None

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, submitted updated resume and "Why Southwest" Essay. Phone interview, then you were flown down for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – It was very much a conversation, nothing out of the expected questions. Make sure when they ask your "weakness" you have one that does not infer with the jobs functions.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – Phone interview came first. A few questions about skills involved in the work, not tough. Then I was invited to an on-site interview.
Before the interview there were some forms to fill, for background check. I was interviewed by HR and the supervisor of the dept I applied. Most questions were technical. They are friendly and considerate, but I did not find myself into this position actually...
Suggestions: show your passion and your expertise! You must be an expert in the specific position you applied.

Interview Question – database, pivot table   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Phone interviews followed by in person interviews in Dallas with recruiter and members of department you will be working in.

Interview Question – Asked for specific examples of hard skills I mentioned   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Question – Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!