Southwest Airlines

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

The interview process was long but straightforward. Once you speak to a recruiter and go through a phone interview, if they are interested they will fly you to Dallas to meet you in person. Usually, interviews are in a small room with a recruiter and hiring manager(s). Overall very conversational, they are a laid back company and try to convey that image from the moment you walk into the building.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position?
    Why Southwest?

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

There was phone interview and a group interview if you did well on the phone interview. It wasn't a difficult interview if you came prepared. The interviewers were extremely friendly and attentive to what I had to share with them. It is a great representation of the wider company.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

Recruiters are very very friendly. They will comfort you very well before starting the interview.

1. Phone interview: basic and similar questions are asked -
    a. Why SWA
    b. Why applied for this position
    c. Why course (you pursuing)
    d. Why university (you going to) - sometimes

2. On shore interview
    Go through the whole resume, word to word, project by project, experience to experience.
    May again ask from above questions.

This is the same format for interview going on.
    So, just be you and confident. If you fit, you be hired, you'll not. No gimmick, nothing extra. very simple and straight forward process.

Interview Questions
    • Why SWA.
      Do not fake, or mug up anything. Be genuine and say confidently.

View Answer
    no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The entire process took a little over 3 months. I uploaded my resume, then I heard back from them a month later asking me to write a "Why Southwest" essay. I later had a phone interview, and if you pass that then they will fly you to their headquarters in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical interview questions. Why are you a good fit for Southwest? What is your biggest weakness? They also asked about my previous internship a lot.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Started with a phone interview, basic questions on my resume and coursework. Then asked some basic HR questions. Then was followed up with another phone interview going into position details. Was called back a month later and invited for a in person interview in Dallas.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2014.

Schedule a time and one week later take a Phone interview with an HR person. Ask many questions about your resume, projects, classes, internship experiences, leadership experience. Questions are not so hard. No behavior questions, only regular interview questions. It is about 20 min. Then wait for the next process, on site interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Questions
    • Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Phone interviews followed by in person interviews in Dallas with recruiter and members of department you will be working in.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for specific examples of hard skills I mentioned   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First Phone Interview, and one on one interview in HDQ, Dallas TX.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

phone Interview: general behavioral questions like why southwest? why this position? why your major? past experience (from your resume)