Southwest Airlines Internship Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was great! I had a great experience talking with the recruiter and the managers! They asked in-depth questions about the job description and how my experience met that description.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online in November and didn't hear back until mid February. I was asked to send in the Why Southwest essay and a few weeks later I got an email saying I got to the phone interview round. The phone call lasted about fifteen minutesor so. The interviewer was very friendly and asked me questions. I asked him questions at the end, which he loved. There were a lot of steps to the process, but I enjoyed the experience I got from applying to Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest? What were your favorite two classes? Why you?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Southwest Airlines in Fall 2014. The questions are basic and straightforward, which is almost about why choosing your current major, resume walk-through, and your career goal in the next five years. The interviewer is friendly and helpful, and somehow that makes the interview a little bit fun and less stressful.

Interview Questions

• There is no difficult or unexpected question in this phone interview   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

The interview process was very long and it went months without hearing anything from Southwest Airlines. I first submitted my resume and then they called me five months later to let me know they were interested in me and wanted to see if I would do a phone interview the next day. I then had a phone interview the very next day scheduled and it went smooth. However, two weeks later they told me that there were other people more qualified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Got a phone screening about three weeks after I applied. I applied on the dead line which was in October (I think)for spring semester. After talking to a HR manager on the phone I received a in person interview offer few days later. Visited them at their head quarter in Dallas. Everyone including HR people were very nice and interview was informal.

Interview Questions

• No technical interviews particulary. Interviewed with three people, one person from HR, two people from the team I was going to work with. I am a finance major and though the job I was applying involved some software programs such as VBA, EXCEL and ACCESS they did not ask any technical questions. I had to explain how proficient I am in those skills. Interview was very welcoming and interviewers were very patient throughout the interviews. Basically they explained me what my work was going to be if I were to work there and what my team does in daily basis. Most of the questions were behavior and some typical questions such as what my favorite class was in college and if I have taken any courses that might help with the work I will be doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

phone interview after application 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• almost behavior questions, and detail about your resume.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

two rounds: one phone interview and one face to face

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.