Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Submitted my resume and application online 2) Within a couple days later I was emailed by a recruiter to complete some missing information (my full middle name) on my application and to give her a call back once I've done so. 3) I called her back, but no answer so I left a voicemail. Still no reply, so I called back the next morning and she answered and wanting to schedule a phone interview later that afternoon. 4) I completed the phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes, she was sounded a little monotonous but I'm assuming it was because she was busy typing notes, reviewing my past work history and listening to my responses simultaneous. Due to other candidates, she said she would call back within a week with a decision. 5) I received a call the following day and wanting to schedule a F2F interview in 2 days. 6) F2F interview at the airport with 2 recruiters from the People Department, both gentlemen were really nice and welcoming; one of the least intimidating interviews i've been on, mostly because i did my homework as well and expected all of the questions. 7) They had me wait outside my literally 1 minute and they came out with a decision to move me forward in the process and made it clear that it was not an "official" offer. They pointed me to the office where i get my fingerprints and badge information done. Also in the airport. 8) This was a Friday and the lady doing my fingerprints said that they will get back to me early next week. 9) Today is Monday and I got a call to schedule my drug testing. 10) Now I wait on pins and needles for all of my background to come back. (Not too worried, but I've heard that the background check is pretty thorough and lengthy.) **Overall the process was very fast compared to others that I have been reading; possibly due to the fact that I am a Veteran...? It's the waiting game that is ultimately the only hard part about the process, but definitely keeping my hopes up!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter via email a stating that she couldn't get through on my phone due to its inability to allow private number calls. I have her a different phone number and had my phone interview. Her tone was very dry. The phone interview went well . She moved me on to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.How do I react if another coworker is slacking off? 2.Why am I fun to work with? 3.Describe a situation with an angry customer. 4.Why southwest? 5.How do you calm an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application I believe one week prior. Was contacted on 8/5/15 to schedule a phone interview for 8/6/15. The Phone Interview was very brief. Interviewer was very nice. Asked the following questions: Why SWA? Why I left previous jobs? Could I meet the mandatory requirements for a Uniform? Sizes 0 - 22. Stated the wage and would that be acceptable? Was I willing to work nights, weekends and holidays? Was told I would hear by 8/11/15 if I made it to the next round. Phone Interviewer called me the following day, Friday, after 6 PM CST, to tell me that I had made it to the next round and that she would email me with details. My F2F was scheduled for Tuesday, 8/11/15. I arrived early at the airport to observe the interactions of the Customer Service Agents. I was interviewed on time, whereas other applications had been waiting over 30 minutes. I'm not sure why I went in front of them. My Interviewer was wonderful. His name was Roger. He made me feel very comfortable and this was one of the most relaxed interviews I have every encountered. Roger stated I should hear back by Friday, 8/14/15. I will try to update this review if it allows me to once I hear back from Southwest. I am very excited about this potential Career Change. Work Hard, Play Hard, Travel Hard! Good Luck to all of you Interviewing and I hope you find this Review helpful. Have a Wonderful Day!

Interview Questions

• The F2F Interview: Describe a Policy at your present or past companies you worked for that you disagreed with and how did you resolve it? How did you resolve a disagreement between you and a co worker? How did you handle an angry customer? What was your most stressful day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was job fair style. Candidates sat in a room of about 70 other candidates waiting to be interviewed. Interviewed in order which you arrived. Interview itself was fairly easy. Asked questions about your experience and prior scenarios wherw you had to demonstrate certain skills/ customer service or otherwise. If you passed that they took you to a conference room to join the others that haf passes where they took your fingerprints and began the background check. I was asked to drug test the same day. Waiting to hear back. Its been 2 weeks. Said it could take up to 4.

SWA Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter to complete application with 10 year history Contacted the following day to schedule face to face Face to Face went very well. Was told I would hear by last week, however, have not received a decline letter or any other word. Called HR and they said it could actually take up to about 2 weeks. If I was requested to do Fingerprinting, I would go to Dallas. I've read different reviews on this Forum. Some say they were Fingerprinted right there and received Offer Letter. Others say it took weeks or months. I'm not sure what to think. Would really love this opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

One of the most comfortable interviews I've ever experienced. It was with three people and it was more of a discussion than an interview. They asked questions but it was more of a dialogue between four acquaintances then possible employer/employee. After the interview, I received an email from them less than 6 hours asking to fill out more forms so they can do an thorough background check.

Interview Questions

• Why SWA?   Answer Question
    • In your previous employment did you ever have to deal with a disgruntled co worker and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very conversational phone interview when it finally happened. We played phone tag for almost a week. (Considering they had gotten 145 good candidates for 6 part time positions and have to vet each to move on to the next step, this was an arduous process to say the least).

Interview Questions

• What makes YOU the right person to hire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

There were two segments to the interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a telephone interview. The telephone interview was relatively simple, the recruiter gave me more information about the job and asked me general questions about my customer service experience. (Unfortunately I was not in the best space for the phone interview, i was in a noisy area and had to ask the recruiter to repeat a few of the questions: the recruiter however was very friendly/ understanding and did not seem to be bothered by this) At the conclusion of the interview the recruiter told me that he had more phone interviews to conduct and that I should hear back from him within the next week if there were any additional steps in the hiring process. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later stating that I was selected for an in person interview the following week. I interviewed at the BWI Southwest People Department. My interview was scheduled at 1:45 pm and there were several others waiting to interview for that same time slot. I waited about 45 minutes to be called to interview. The interview was very simple and very well. I spoke of my prior customer service experience. The overall tone of the interview was fun and a friendly/ loving attitude. At the conclusion of the interview I was approved to begin the New Hire process. I was taken into a separate room to be fingerprinted, and given instructions for taking a drug test. You have 48 hours to complete the drug test. I was told that the background check takes about 3-4 weeks to come back . I got an e-mail Tuesday stating that my background check had cleared and I will be starting the second week of September !

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted the following day by a recruiter. It was quick, and actually - I didn't realize we were actually having an interview as it was more like a conversation. Happy to say - He invited me at that time to attend the F2F interview approx 1 1/2 weeks later. When I arrived at the hotel for the interview, It was immediately a fun environment including a person taking photos with SW props etc. We waiting in a large room with chairs for our turn to interview, while current employees told stories about life working for Southwest and answered questions. The actual interview itself took about 15 minutes - and to me anyway, again.. It was more like having a conversation with my interviewers. We then went on to fingerprinting and a drug test onsite.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate - I am just happy to be accepted to the TEAM !

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The Presets giving the interview was very warm and comforting the interview went very well I was just a series of questions to which they liked my answers and I was offered the job position

Interview Questions

• why should Southwest Airlines employee hire me   1 Answer