Southwest Airlines Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
175 interviews

2.8

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

they let unexperienced supervisors do the interviews

Ramp Agent Service Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2013.

I had a recruiter who wanted to talk to me. They sent me a message saying I was up for a phone interview with zero choice of time or date. Given they call from a different state- they had no respect for the fact that the area I was in had just experienced a major tornado and there wasn't power and phone lines that were functioning were minimal.

When the recruiter finally called, she asked me nothing about what would make me a good candidate for the position. All she seemed to be fixated on was how old I was-and why I only had an 8 year job history, not 10 (I would have been 14 ten years ago).

She ask me why I left me last job and I explained that my entire dept. had their positions eliminated. . . The interviewer then said "oh so you were fired for doing a bad job".... obviously, she had no clue what she what the difference between laid off and termination meant.

Analyst Interview

Call/Inperson interview

Senior Manager Advertising Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interviewer had decided that I was over qualified for the position

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Phone Screening interview with Recruiter then a group interview with 30+ candidates where you are asked typical interview questions. Then the group was tasked with various group challenges which measured a person's ability to interact with others. This was followed by an individual interview with 2 managers and 1 Recruiter. Final step was a group interview with a number at director level.

Interview Questions
    • We want to enter a new market. How would you determine the appropriate fare structure for this market?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First Phone Interview, and one on one interview in HDQ, Dallas TX.

Internship Interview

two rounds: one phone interview and one face to face

Interview Questions

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!