Southwest Airlines

Average Difficulty
161 candidate interviews

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Called in for face to face interview...Asked various questions, non which related to my actual experience more to why I would want to work for Southwest Airlines

Interview Question – I expected to give details of my job history but instead it was more of a personality review..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Many stages of hiring process which they keep you well informed of at each step..

Ramp Agent Service Interview

Ramp Agent Service

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a recruiter who wanted to talk to me. They sent me a message saying I was up for a phone interview with zero choice of time or date. Given they call from a different state- they had no respect for the fact that the area I was in had just experienced a major tornado and there wasn't power and phone lines that were functioning were minimal.

When the recruiter finally called, she asked me nothing about what would make me a good candidate for the position. All she seemed to be fixated on was how old I was-and why I only had an 8 year job history, not 10 (I would have been 14 ten years ago).

She ask me why I left me last job and I explained that my entire dept. had their positions eliminated. . . The interviewer then said "oh so you were fired for doing a bad job".... obviously, she had no clue what she what the difference between laid off and termination meant.

Interview Question – How old are you   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details – Apply online, several months ahead of internship time. Phone interview followed up. Flying to Dallas on-site interview. Great atmosphere. Lovely people. Be prepared to talk about your resume and be yourself for unexpected questions.

Interview Question – know your resume!   Answer Question

Senior Manager Advertising Interview

Senior Manager Advertising

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewer had decided that I was over qualified for the position

Interview Question – Why apply for the position?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details – two rounds: one phone interview and one face to face

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details – First Phone Interview, and one on one interview in HDQ, Dallas TX.

Interview Question – Why Southwest?   Answer Question

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Revenue Management Analyst

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details – Phone Screening interview with Recruiter then a group interview with 30+ candidates where you are asked typical interview questions. Then the group was tasked with various group challenges which measured a person's ability to interact with others. This was followed by an individual interview with 2 managers and 1 Recruiter. Final step was a group interview with a number at director level.

Interview Question – We want to enter a new market. How would you determine the appropriate fare structure for this market?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent

Interview Details – they let unexperienced supervisors do the interviews

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, maybe a month later got an email asking to send resume and the best phone number to be reached at. The next morning I got a phone call with simple questions about my past work experience, why Southwest, and what do customer service agents do... I'm guessing to see if you know about the position you applied for. After that she said she would give me a call in a week to let me know because she had other interviews to do but to my surprise she called me back in a couple of hours to set up a F2F interview. The interview was for the following week and I had to bring my drivers license, social security card and GED. Was a one on one interview but there was the manager sitting in the room from the airport you would be working at. Was a little nervous because she didn't ask question but she looked at you the whole time while you answered questions. Once again simple questions like why Southwest, the time you had to deal with an angry customer, and the time you went out your way to help a co worker. She also went over my work experience again. Interview only lasted about 10mins, she then made copies of my papers and let me know either way if I got the job or not I would receive a email or a phone call letting me know. They held interviews the day before and would be doing it all day that day so nobody got a straight yes or no, its just a wait and see. Either a rejection email or a email asking you to come in for fingerprints and drug test. So now I just sit and wait and hope for the best. I want the job but so do 100s of other people. I have no idea how many people they want and what kinda people they are looking for.

Interview Question – I guess the only unexpected question was what was my weakness.. I had to really stop and think about it   Answer Question

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!