Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Apply online, several months ahead of internship time. Phone interview followed up. Flying to Dallas on-site interview. Great atmosphere. Lovely people. Be prepared to talk about your resume and be yourself for unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Called in for face to face interview...Asked various questions, non which related to my actual experience more to why I would want to work for Southwest Airlines

Interview Questions

• I expected to give details of my job history but instead it was more of a personality review..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Many stages of hiring process which they keep you well informed of at each step..

Internship Interview

Interview

two rounds: one phone interview and one face to face

Intern Interview

Interview

First Phone Interview, and one on one interview in HDQ, Dallas TX.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, basic questions on my resume and coursework. Then asked some basic HR questions. Then was followed up with another phone interview going into position details. Was called back a month later and invited for a in person interview in Dallas.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone Screening interview with Recruiter then a group interview with 30+ candidates where you are asked typical interview questions. Then the group was tasked with various group challenges which measured a person's ability to interact with others. This was followed by an individual interview with 2 managers and 1 Recruiter. Final step was a group interview with a number at director level.

Interview Questions

• We want to enter a new market. How would you determine the appropriate fare structure for this market?   Answer Question

Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

Negotiation

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Interview

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions

• Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Ramp Agent, DAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a 4 weeks ago, had a phone interview last week and called for a F2F about 4 days after the phone interview, asked me to wait outside for a few minutes, called me back in and had the fingerprinting done straight after the F2F. I had 3 to 1 interview, and it was very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Went over my work history, nothing out of the ordinary, the usual,,,,why do you want to work for SWA, the role of the Ramp agent, why did you leave your other jobs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter via email a stating that she couldn't get through on my phone due to its inability to allow private number calls. I have her a different phone number and had my phone interview. Her tone was very dry. The phone interview went well . She moved me on to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.How do I react if another coworker is slacking off? 2.Why am I fun to work with? 3.Describe a situation with an angry customer. 4.Why southwest? 5.How do you calm an angry customer?   1 Answer